Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

minecraft not working. Help?

• 05-04-2012 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭

We bought Minecraft download for 9 year old a couple of weeks ago. It has now stopped working. All that comes up is a blank screen when he logs on.Can anyone advise please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭wires

assuming its a problem with minecraft itself and not some other issue with the pc the quickest way to cure this would be to delete some of the files and let it download them again. i say some because you obviously dont want to delete the saved games he/she has. id suggest just deleting the bin folder.

the method for doing this varies depending on the operating system your using. you using windows? mac?

let us know what version operating system you have and someone will give the exact procedure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

wires wrote: »
    assuming its a problem with minecraft itself and not some other issue with the pc the quickest way to cure this would be to delete some of the files and let it download them again. i say some because you obviously dont want to delete the saved games he/she has. id suggest just deleting the bin folder.

the method for doing this varies depending on the operating system your using. you using windows? mac?

let us know what version operating system you have and someone will give the exact procedure.
    You can also just say "Force Update" in the options before logging in. This'll re-download the game without deleting any saved maps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

I would recommend downloading the client again or in the case you want to keep your saved game, delete the minecraft bin, load the game and see if it works.

Being one of the few Mac minecraft gamers on here, I'll show you how to access the bin ( If you are on a mac that is :P )

Finder > Library > Application Support > minecraft and then delete the "bin" folder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

Got it sorted out . Thanks

Advertisement