Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catholic Traditions

Options
  • 05-04-2012 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭

Have you any Good Friday Traditions?
    For example eating fish and hot cross buns followed by a nice mass and topped off with a three hour religous Hollywood epic.

Personally,I religously like to honour the Messiah by downing a dozen cans while watching The Life of Brian.

What are yours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

today is thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Massive boobs is what I enjoy most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Personally,I religously like to honour the Messiah by downing a dozen cans while watching The Life of Brian.

And eating a steak!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

<waits on the 'why can't we go to the pub' posts>

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

My Good Friday tradition is bitching about the pubs being closed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

when i worked in the UK we got the day off...what a fine Catholic country this is making you work on the anniversary of Our Lord dying.

ps I'm only a religious crank when theres a chance of a day off....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Poker, beer, a meaty dinner and watching The Masters is gonna be my Good Friday. I'm clearly a religious motherfcuker

• Registered Users Posts: 13,878 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I'll be urinating on various religious buildings. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Call me old fashioned but I like to think about the nature of self-sacrifice and think about all those who have given their lives to help/save others etc.

I'll be having a pint or two because I'll be travelling, and whatever I feel like for dinner which may or may not include meat. The notion of deliberately going out of your way to break some rules you don't believe in or need to abide by is beyond me though. Childish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

This thread will attract as many rebels as the ice planet Hoth.

If only God had created a Death Star instead of the Christmas star we could end all pubs closed on Good Friday threads for the next 10 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

There's no mass on Good Friday OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Being a zany bastard and boasting about eating meat and drinking while obsessing about something I don't believe in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭lividduck

There is no God and it's just another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Trying to think of something clever to post to thumb my nose at everyone who is posting sarcastically about those who don't like explicitly religious rules being enforced on those who don't subscribe to that religion........

Head too fried today. I'll be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Dave! wrote: »
    Trying to think of something clever to post to thumb my nose at everyone who is posting sarcastically about those who don't like explicitly religious rules being enforced on those who don't subscribe to that religion........

Head too fried today. I'll be back.
    yeah go have a pint and think about it...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I'm strategically avoiding good Friday this year by going to Liverpool to watch us get beat by Aston Villa :|

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭wijam

head home and wait til the pubs open at 5pm, good old NI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Back in the days when we were forced to go to mass we used to call them holy days of aggrivation.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,073 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

RichieC wrote: »
    I'm strategically avoiding good Friday this year by going to Liverpool to watch us get beat by Aston Villa :|

We all have our crosses to bear.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭marozz

Kick myself for drinking my Good Friday supply of cans on the Thursday!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

ejmaztec wrote: »
    We all have our crosses to bear.:(

Mine is mahogany with cast iron trim... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Not arsed about the lack of pubs open myself, while i dont agree religion has any place dictating laws i look at it as just a day off for pub and nighclub workers, who get stuck working all the sh1tty big drinking nights the rest of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭basillarkin

That wont happen, Villa are useless and never beat Liverpool. On topic. a mighty meaty pizza to be washed down with 6 cans of Karpackie while watching Wagner winning the masters at 180/1:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I'll be trying to disprove religion to annoy some Catholics :cool:

I'll probably also have a rant about the pubs being closed. ;)

...washed down with 6 cans of Karpackie

Invest in double quilted toilet roll and a few packets of Arret while you're at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

prinz wrote: »
    Invest in double quilted toilet roll and a few packets of Arret while you're at it.

I bought a crate of beer today specifically for tomorrow, i'm a great child :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

They putting you on or you a sub again Richie?

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

As much as I ignore the religious aspect of this day it's still great to have the day off work so I can enjoy me steak and booze

gurramok wrote: »
    I bought a crate of beer today specifically for tomorrow, i'm a great child :rolleyes:

Say what now? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

All my traditions are listed here

Advertisement