Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So-called "LoCall" numbers: more expensive

Options
  • 05-04-2012 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

I notice from my mobile bill that so-called "LoCall" numbers actually cost me extra money. I'm already paying for a set number of national calls per month and I never use all these minute up. But when I ring a "lo-call" number it is not included in these minutes and therefore I am paying additional.

I checked the Revenue website looking for a non-"LoCall" number for PAYE workers to ring but it doesn't have any. My last 1890 333 425 call to Revenue cost me €1.61 extra, even though I have hundreds of national minutes left on my bill. Years ago you could just ring an ordinary number and get through to Revenue.

Aside from the irony of a so-called LoCall number costing much more than an ordinary number would, what benefit does the Revenue have in not allowing us to ring a standard phone number?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

The website SayNoTo1890.com is your friend!
    Revenue PAYE Queries (Dublin Region)
    1890333425 Call Instead – 016474444

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They are only Lo on a landline, on a mobile they cost 50c a minute.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

I googled 1890333425 and got 00(353)1 7023011.

Hope that is useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Poster has moved on, three years later.

Advertisement