Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Skirting under shower tray

• 05-04-2012 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

I have to replace one length of skirting under the ensuite shower tray due to water from the shower rotting the old skirting.

I have the old skirting removed and the new one treated and painted, but not yet cut to size nor mitred (sp? - cut to 45 degree angle!)

My problem is that the space is tight due to tiles being all around the shower tray and also on the walls to the left and right of it, with the remaining skirting under the tiles. I have to somehow get this single length of new skirting to fit.

Is this possible or do I just have to bite the bullet and cut the new skirting in 2 pieces to get it in?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

A pic might help you get better responses. If it was me, I might leave the skirting out, and try match up with tiles. Will be a better finish in the long term

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lemeister

Thanks Davy, that's actually an excellent idea and it would also eliminate the potential problem of water rotting the skirting board again.

I think I will actually go down that route

Cheers

Advertisement