If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need an amp for my record player

Options
  • 05-04-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I got a present of an acoustic solutions record player and some speakers from the other half.

Unfortunately I've no amp to play them through.

I was wondering if you'd have any? Even a display model or old stock?

Not looking for anything crazy fancy as I'm just starting off my vinyl collection.

Thanks for your help

Dave

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Dave,

Thanks for getting in touch. :)

I wouldn't have any ex display amps to offer at the moment.

I've got a great deal on a brand new Denon amp. Excellent sound and has a phono stage built in so just plug and play for your turntable. :)

http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/denon/pma510ae/deno-pma510

Our current price on this is just £139.95 + £12.99 delivery. This amp will be great for your turntable, also plenty of inputs if you wanted to add any sources in the future.

Got this amp in stock and ready to go if you're interested.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Cheers Kenny but thats a bit out of my budget at the moment, I'll keep an eye on tyour list you put up and if something takes my fancy I'll let you know,

Thanks for your Help

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Cheers Kenny but thats a bit out of my budget at the moment, I'll keep an eye on tyour list you put up and if something takes my fancy I'll let you know,

Thanks for your Help

Dave

Hi Dave,

Can you let me know the model number from the turntable? If it has a phono stage built in I might have another option for you. :)

Chris

Yeah, I'll check that tonight and update you tomorrow,

Thanks for your assistance

Hi

It's an Acoustic Solutions SP 131 Turntable. Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi again,

I've had a quick look online and can't find a manual for this turntable? Would you have a copy still? I'm just checking to see if the turntable has a phono stage built in. I suspect it might but not 100% sure.

If it does then there is a few more options for you.

Chris

Don't think I'd have the manual but if I took pictures of all the out puts would that help you ?

Hi Dave,

I wouldn't be able to tell by just looking at it unfortunately.

But looking back at our records of when we sold this (years ago) a seperate phono stage was bought. This would lead me to believe it doesn't have a phono stage built in. :(

This isn't a massive problem. Means you'll just need an amp with a phono stage built in. Or buy a phono stage to run between the turntable and the amp:

I've got a nice Cambridge Audio amp for just £79.95. Along with the phono amp below this will work with your turntable:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/cambridge-audio/topaz-am1/camb-topaz-am1-blk

To go along with the amp we have this pre phono amp for just £24.95:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/phono-pre-amps/btech/bt26-pre-amp/b-te-bt26prea

Let me know if this suits your budget a bit more.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.