Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Budget

• 05-04-2012 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Just wondering what the average Irish Family Budget is for a family of 4 (including a baby, and associated nappy costs).

We try to stay within a budget of 200euro a week but struggle desperately. This is for food and entertainment only doesn't include utilites, or car related expenses.

So how much is your weekly budget and what do you do to save a few bob?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

About 4k. I hire midget prostitutes these days because they're half price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

sell the kids and go holidays, problem solved :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

MrsGoose wrote: »
    Just wondering what the average Irish Family Budget is for a family of 4 (including a baby, and associated nappy costs).

We try to stay within a budget of 200euro a week but struggle desperately. This is for food smokes and entertainment booze only doesn't include utilites, or car related expenses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

3/10

too obvious

must try harder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

We try to stay within a budget of 200euro a week but struggle desperately. This is for food and entertainment only...

You can't stay under €200 per week for food and entertainment only? :confused: Maybe try using cloth nappies. Or less caviar.

For food and entertainment? €30-€70... and most of the entertainment costs would entertain four people as well as one (DVD's etc)

Seriously very good food for two adults could be done for roughly €80 a week. Unless your spending €120 a week on nappies or €75 on takeaways/booze etc I don't see the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

after hours makes me want to not have kids......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

foe fiddy yo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Snowie wrote: »
    after hours makes me want to not have kids......

Kids put me off having kids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

We're about the same budget 100 a week for the shopping which would include a few beers for ourselves for the weekend, maybe another 50 on petrol and another 50 for cigarettes.

Probably an extra 50 - 100 once a month or so for a night out for one/both of us.

Rent / Bills / Car Maintenance etc. on top of that obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement