Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavily pregnant cat in my garden

• 05-04-2012 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Was just in the kitchen there and there is a very pregnant cat sitting outside my door. She looks like she really wants to come in and is rubbing her head all over the glass and purring. I think I've seen her on my road before, there's a good few cats around here. They sometimes walk through the garden but I've never seen one of them come up to the door and try to be let in. I went outside to open the back gate thinking she might be stuck in the garden because of her big, pregnant belly :rolleyes:

I had to put her outside the gate as she was trying to cuddle up to me etc. Now she's at my front door! I feel terrible as she's pregnant and she obviously wants something but there's no way I can let her in as the people I live with HATE cats with a passion.

Should I just leave her? I'm assuming her owner lives along this road but I can't help worrying about the poor thing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Change the people you live with and take her in, she's probably looking for somewhere safe to have her kittens. I couldn't live with the guilt:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Let her in just for a while and do a door to door asking your neighbours about her...

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Little Miss Lady

If you can at all, let her in
    I would say she is just looking for somewhere cosy and safe to have her kittens.
    Aw the poor mite :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

Id bring her in anyway she might not have any home to have the kittens or place a wooden box shelter outside for her

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭MarthaMyDear

No way could I have let her inside to have her kittens..Words can't describe how much the people I live with despise cats. All sorted now thanks for your replies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

Is she still in your garden?
    If there isn't a shed or a sheltered spot, could you just put out a box with a few old towels or something soft in case she really has nowhere else safe to have her kittens?
    She will use it if she has no other option.

Advertisement