Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

still getting emails after unsubscribing !

Options
  • 05-04-2012 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    while this is a consumer issue, i was wondering what the general consensus on this is !? theres a few sites that seems to be emailing me after unsubscribing, but theres one particular magazine website which keeps emailing me, after unsubscribing several times and evening being in touch with the admin [and receiving apology emails] im still getting emails from them !?
    Is it fair to escalate this to the data commissioner!?
    A company i used to work for, emailed a small set of un-subscribed members a newsletter and some one complained and it got really messy, we were to blame in the end, which was fair. So is it right to escalate this to the right channel?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

It the site is based in Ireland or EU then go to the data commisioner and they'll send nasty letters to the owners, if not then dunno. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MagicRon

Are you sure that the email address you unsubscribed with is the same email address they are mailing? I have seen people complain in the past only for it to turn out that they had subscribed under two different accounts?

Is this a site you use often? Perhaps you are changing something in you registration, or buying/subscribing to something where you are agreeing to receive the newsletter again? Have also seen this in the past!

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

MagicRon wrote: »
    Are you sure that the email address you unsubscribed with is the same email address they are mailing? I have seen people complain in the past only for it to turn out that they had subscribed under two different accounts?

This is exactly what happened to me recently. Have a long hand and shorthand email address for the same account and was trying to unsubscribe with the wrong one.

Advertisement