Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlock a Samsung Chat 335??

Options
  • 05-04-2012 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Has anyone any idea how to unlock a Samsung Chat 335??

We have the unlock code from Meteor, but we can't seem to be able to input it.

Samsung sent us to Meteor but Meteor said it is Samsung's issue.

Eventually Meteor gave us a long thing to input (#7465625*638*NCK/Network#) but the phone won't allow us to input the letters part

We have put in the new sim card & keyed in the code but nothing happens.

Has anyone any idea what to do?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Little A wrote: »
    Eventually Meteor gave us a long thing to input (#7465625*638*NCK/Network#) but the phone won't allow us to input the letters part
    Thanks

Put the NCK code you got from Meteor where it says NCK/Network, there shouldn't be any letters in that code.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Little A

Thanks- The girl from Meteor def said to key in the letters, as I asked should the code not go in lieu of the NCK/Network.

Anyways......I did it again & the phone seems to just think I am dialling a number as it gives the following :

Options - 1) Call
    2) Save to contacts
    3) Send message

Save 1) Create contact
    2) Update exisiting

Back

Is there somewhere in settings I could access??
    This is drivin me nuts, I've only changed network a couple of time & never had this hassle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭RodVelvet

I've unlocked one of these handsets before and you definitely don't enter any letters. Put the code meteor gave you after the last asterisk. Then dial it and the phone should say something like personalization removed or phone not personalised.

I think you key in the code whilst the meteor sim is in the handset. I don't think you want invalid sim showing u on the display when you try to enter the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 aoifef

RodVelvet wrote: »
    I've unlocked one of these handsets before and you definitely don't enter any letters. Put the code meteor gave you after the last asterisk. Then dial it and the phone should say something like personalization removed or phone not personalised.

I think you key in the code whilst the meteor sim is in the handset. I don't think you want invalid sim showing u on the display when you try to enter the code.

Hey there you said you've unlocked one before. How exactly do you it I have my code which is 7 numbers but where do I input it? I've tried to ring meteor to find out but they're not answering and I need it ASAP. Thanks :)

aoifef wrote: »
    RodVelvet wrote: »

Hey there you said you've unlocked one before. How exactly do you it I have my code which is 7 numbers but where do I input it? I've tried to ring meteor to find out but they're not answering and I need it ASAP. Thanks :)

Oh wait I got it you enter #0111*CODE# where you enter your code it should come up as
    meaning it recognises that it is a private unlock code therefore should work. Press the call key it will say please wait and the. Personalisation cancelled should appear and you're phone is unlocked. I tried the #7465625*638*CODE# but it wouldn't work so the first one did. Hope this helps!

• Advertisement

Little A wrote: »
    Has anyone any idea how to unlock a Samsung Chat 335??

We have the unlock code from Meteor, but we can't seem to be able to input it.

Samsung sent us to Meteor but Meteor said it is Samsung's issue.

We have put in the new sim card & keyed in the code but nothing happens.

Has anyone any idea what to do?

Thanks
    The NCK/network refers to your code you just put your code in replace of that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FailBAIT

I did the #0111*CODE# thing, but when I did, my phone said "Not yet personalised" What does that mean? And what do I have to do to fix it?

Advertisement