Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Acceptance of offer for PDE in Trinity

• 05-04-2012 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,
    A friend of mine got offered a place on the PDE in Trinity on Tuesday but PAC isn't giving her the option of accepting the place is this the same for everyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭CMBT

Do Trinity not have a separate system from PAC? They will probably have to get in contact with Trinity themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭purplepapillon

NoelleTh wrote: »
    Hi,
    A friend of mine got offered a place on the PDE in Trinity on Tuesday but PAC isn't giving her the option of accepting the place is this the same for everyone?

There's an option to click either "accept" or "decline". I haven't chosen either as I'm unsure of Trinity VS UCD. After that I think you pay the deposit through the Trinity epay system (fees office).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Galway Girl123

NoelleTh wrote: »
    Hi,

I will confirm what PurplePapillon has said, my offer has the option to either accept or decline. I'm going to be declining mine, so that will free up a place on the history methodology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 24601goldi

My offer doesn't have Accept or Decline options either. I think this is because I am an undergrad and my offer is pending results of my bachelor degree. I am deciding whether to go with Trinity or NUI Galway so I sent an e-mail to pdeinfo@tcd.ie asking how I should let them know if I do decide to decline the offer. No reply yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 debz61288

Hi Guys, just wondering what grade and teaching experience did you's have? After looking at the PAC website I dont think I'd have enough points, I have a 2.2 grade with no teaching experience!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭purplepapillon

debz61288 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, just wondering what grade and teaching experience did you's have? After looking at the PAC website I dont think I'd have enough points, I have a 2.2 grade with no teaching experience!

2.1 and some subbing. I had enough points for Maynooth this year, but it was "x points #" - as in, not all people are offered the course on this points, random selection is used for final cut offs. Was my first choice but I don't mind too much! Try to get some subbing work in a school, just hand round your CV to all your local schools, they might call you to replace a teacher and cover classes for a sick day (like a call at 8.30am sort of thing -it's how most people start!)

Best of luck! :)

Oh also, try to get involved in a homework/after school club in your area, in a school or local centre. Good for interviews in general and experience, and you may be interviewed for the PDE. Trinity does this, NUI doesn't, DCU/Limerick not sure.

Advertisement