Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bianchi Sempre 57 or 59...advice

Options
  • 05-04-2012 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all,

I'm 6'1, inside leg 86/87cm. Buying a Bianchi Sempre, looking for advice on sizing. My gut tells me go for a 59 - any advice on this? Different people have advised anywhere between a 57 and a 61.

My current bike (GT series 4) is a 55, the result of an unhelpful LBS that I won't be returning to. Great starter bike, but size makes it not ideal.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭SWL

MickeyTake wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm 6'1, inside leg 86/87cm. Buying a Bianchi Sempre, looking for advice on sizing. My gut tells me go for a 59 - any advice on this? Different people have advised anywhere between a 57 and a 61.

My current bike (GT series 4) is a 55, the result of an unhelpful LBS that I won't be returning to. Great starter bike, but size makes it not ideal.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Measure the top tube far more important or use this website http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=FIT_CALCULATOR_INTRO

• Registered Users Posts: 34 MickeyTake

SWL, thanks for the link - I had a look through the different measurement etc - some great info.

Incidentally, it recommended I get a 59, happy with that as I will now proceed to get the nicest bike in the €2000 price range - the Bianchi Sempre Veloce!!

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 c.h

Hi,

Did you end up buying the 59? How is the fit?

Friend is looking to buy this bike - measurments are
    Inside leg >>> 86-87cm or 34”
    Height >>> 185.5cm or 73”

• Registered Users Posts: 34 MickeyTake

As Ace Ventura says, "Like a glove".

If he's a bit smaller than me, might be worth trying a 57

Advertisement