Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Barrow at St. Mullins

Options
  • 05-04-2012 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Am heading down to the sunny SE one of these days.
    Remind me people, is it between St Mullins and Graiguenamanagh that there's the particularly beautiful section of grassy walkway along the Barrow ?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bogof

Yes Connacht . The stretch between Graignamanagh and St Mullins is very nice indeed. Watch out for high tide in St Mullins . I once had to walk back from the lock to the carpark wading through a foot of water. I thing it may have been a spring tide !!! The walkway as you call it is known as the towpath and was used for horse drawn barges. You can walk all the way to Dublin if you fancy a long trip. It is a very popular walk nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

St. Mullins to Graignamanagh starts here :
    CopyofDSCN3689.jpg

You can also walk Graignamanagh to Clashganny

or Clashganny to Ballytiglea ending here :
    100_0522.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bogof

Lovely photos Allthedoyles.. Very inviting indeed . I think I might ramble down that way over the weekend.

Advertisement