Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will i have to pay for?

Options
  • 05-04-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Hi,

I am 29 married with 3 kids my wife is unemployed also in order to give us a future i am hoping to do a degree in GMIT. With noney so tight will i have any money to pay in order to take up a course?Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭ronano

It depends on few things

Have you done a degree/other education levels before or drop out? how long is your wife on social welfare

There is back to education allowance and depending you may be eligible for it (188 a week and 300 euro book allowance per year) but cant really say about it or fees.

Other people who can qualify for BTEA
    If you are the qualified adult of a person who can claim BTEA, you can qualify for BTEA in your own right. Your spouse, civil partner or cohabitant must have an entitlement to BTEA and must also be getting an Increase for a Qualified Adult in his/her social welfare payment for you for the required period - see 'Qualifying for BTEA' above.

If you qualify for BTEA because you are an adult dependant, your allowance is equivalent to the maximum standard personal rate of the social welfare payment your spouse, civil partner or cohabitant is getting. You also qualify for the annual Cost of Education Allowance. Your spouse or partner keeps his or her entitlement to his or her personal rate of payment.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/back_to_education/back_to_education_allowance.html

Advertisement