Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky broadband

• 05-04-2012 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I was onto sky last week enquiring about sky broadband and phone. They told me that its comingto ireland later this year. In the past when i have enquired i was always told there was no news on it. Told a work friend last week about and he didnt believe it so we went over to the sky shop in stephens green shoping centre to ask. He told us the same thing (sky bringing broadband and phone later this year).Another work friend was at a market research for an unnamed company planning to provide tv, phone and broadband to ireland. Has anybody else heard any news about this? There is nothing on the net.

Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

This has been asked here a few times and it's bull**** spouted by commission hungry sales reps.
    http://www.boards.ie/search/?q=%22sky+broadband%22&f=259&subforums=1&u=&title=&threads=&date_from=&date_to=&sort=best

Ireland isn't like the UK, Eircom own the all phone lines. Lots of providers here resell Eircom Dsl, there is no money in this. Some even do this at a loss (Vodafone) and use it as a marketing tool for their mobile phone offerings out of which they make serious money.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭skyflyer

I actually also heard this rumour in casual conversation... Wasn't even looking into it. Anyone got any sources?

Every few weeks someone posts here after hearing something, don't worry, they'll be flat out advertising it long before it's available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

sky broadband is through your satellite dish no wires needed.

TonyM. wrote: »
    sky broadband is through your satellite dish no wires needed.

Then its not broadband.
    http://irelandoffline.org/2011/09/satellite-is-not-really-broadband/

Sky broadband in the UK isn't from satellite, it's dsl. They bought a phone company to enter the UK market

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Would be nice though!! Ah well we can dream I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SANDYCISCO34

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    This has been asked here a few times and it's bull**** spouted by commission hungry sales reps.
    http://www.boards.ie/search/?q=%22sky+broadband%22&f=259&subforums=1&u=&title=&threads=&date_from=&date_to=&sort=best

Ireland isn't like the UK, Eircom own the all phone lines. Lots of providers here resell Eircom Dsl, there is no money in this. Some even do this at a loss (Vodafone) and use it as a marketing tool for their mobile phone offerings out of which they make serious money.
    I have to agree that i do think it is unlikeable that they will enter but dont think it was to get a sale as im with sky for the last 10 yrs . Guess we all find out soon if its true or not. It has been rumoured that sky will make an offer to buy the landlines of eircom. But they're all rumours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Sky Broadband speculation thread number 4 billion, closed. If/when Sky bring broadband to Ireland it will be well advertised. Until then, you may as well talk about when we'll see Google Toilet Broadband.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement