If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAMSUNGUE55ES8000

Options
  • 05-04-2012 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

thinking of buying this tv set for transportaion what is the best way to transport this tv in the eventuality of moving home? is there some hard case for it you can get? or do you recomend just keeping an awkward cardboard box that came with it?

also the free sat tuner included in the set does it it tune into saor view ok?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Melted wrote: »
    thinking of buying this tv set for transportaion what is the best way to transport this tv in the eventuality of moving home? is there some hard case for it you can get? or do you recomend just keeping an awkward cardboard box that came with it?

also the free sat tuner included in the set does it it tune into saor view ok?

Hi Melted,

Thanks for getting in touch, and great choice. New range is looking unreal!

Transporting TVs can be a melt, especially in that size.

If this is a you've already planned I'd try to hold on to the original packaging for the move. I know this isn't ideal but best thing to do imo.

If it's just for future reference there is websites out there that offer boxes for moving. Can get boxes especially for TVs in most sizes.

The new Samsung range should have no problem with Saorview. Just waiting for them to appear on the Saorview approved site. :)

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Melted

Thanks for the quick reply,

The free glasses and 5 year warentee is that a limited offer? as im think of this purchase for may? also the warentee covers the usual aciddental damadge etc?

Thanks,

Melted.

Hi Melted,

Thanks for getting back to me.

As far as I'm aware this promotion is just on over the Easter period. We're always keen to offer the best price, so when you're ready hit us up and we'll see what we can do. :)

Our 5 years doesn't cover accidental damage unfortunately. It does cover us collecting the TV and dropping it back down to you again, all parts and labour and a replacement if the TV can not be fixed.

Here's a link to more information on our 5 year:
    http://www.richersounds.com/information/warranties

Chris

Im living in the south anyway i can buy this over the phone or online?

Hi Melted.

If you give me a call on 044 333 900 0070 or 0071 then we can take the order over the phone for you.

5 Year Warranty and Glasses promorion is still currently running!!
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue55es8000/sams-ue55es8000

It really is a cracking TV :D

• Advertisement

sorry another question but i need to know before i shell out,

regards the freesat tuner its compatible with saorview i know i checked the site, what is the features on the inbuilt tuner? does it have a record funtion? can you record one channel andwatch another? what is the guide like i think its called EPG?

Hi Melted,

The Freesat tuner isn't compatible with Saorview as it's a UK service. It will still pick up Saorview tuners on the MPEG 4 tuner so don't worry about that.

With recording to USB I'm near certain you can only record what you're watching at the time. You'd need the likes of a PVR recorded to be able to record and watch other channels.

The EPG on the Samsung really neat and very user friendly. The Smart Hub as well is very easy to navigate and looks really well.

Let me know if you've any other questions. Or if you'd like me to go ahead with the order. :)

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

Kenny i have the 2011 model of this tv and the freesat tuner does work in the south also the saorview works also but as you say you cant watch the freesat and record from the soarview but a way around this is to buy another soarview and freesat box and plug them into the tv then you can watch one freesat or soarview and tape from the one on the tv, to record timeshift or programmes you would need an external harddrive self booting would be ideal, split the harddrive in 2 so that you can record tv programmes and also put movies on them to watch on the tv. the samsung 3d smart tvs are excellent, best picture I ever seen on a tv. the 3d is fantastic and I now hear the 2012 models are better, damn it lol

Hey Beaver1.

Thanks for the info.

The Samsung screens really are fantastic :D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.