Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Friday Drink related megathread thing.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 232 ✭✭LilyCricket

Can you not honour God for just that one day? They enforce the law by closing bars but it's against the spirit of the law to drink at all on good Friday. It's a disgrace in my opinion.

Aye, almost as shocking as the cover up the Catholic Church has done to hide the abuse carried out by their own.

Can you not honour God for just that one day? They enforce the law by closing bars but it's against the spirit of the law to drink at all on good Friday. It's a disgrace in my opinion.
    Aye, almost as shocking as the cover up the Catholic Church has done to hide the abuse carried out by their own.
    Oh. Oh dear.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fryup wrote: »
    so why not make it 6 days..surely it won't kill ya

JC didn't die on the cross for you to get sloshed out of your brain.. now did he?
    MsQuinn wrote: »
    Who?

this guy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Anyone know of any pubs in Dublin that are actually going to open tomorrow and just not sell booze?

(awaits "not sure if serious" meme)

someone in AH was complaining they're working in a gastro pub that will just be doing food and working tomorrow, so i guess so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Sacramento wrote: »
    Lots of people here don't believe in god, never mind honour him. Oh and also, LOL.

It's not about whether or not you believing in God. You are obliged to honour Him one day a year, why ruin that by drinking more than you would probably drink if you were out in the bars as usual? Just leave it for the day and have some basic respect tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

It's not about whether or not you believing in God. You are obliged to honour Him one day a year, why ruin that by drinking more than you would probably drink if you were out in the bars as usual? Just leave it for the day and have some basic respect tbh...

I wasnt going to drink tomorrow but after that I might get wrecked :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I'm not certain if you're joking or not tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

You are obliged to honour Him one day a year

Eh, no. No we're not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Well I'll toast him with my Jack Daniels n Coke. He'll like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Jaysus chri...

Oh sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Can we turn the water in wine? :D Respect.

gurramok wrote: »
    Can we turn the water in wine? :D Respect.

You are obliged to honour Him one day a year

ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

You're hardly going to honour him if you don't believe in him, ffs. They're mutually inclusive.

Not the band, the deity.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

The joys of only living a few miles from the border! Might pop into Crossmaglen tomorrow night for a beer or two! :)

Deus Ex, we don't go trolling on the religious forums, so have some cop on and leave it alone before you get yourself banned.

Deus Ex, we don't go trolling on the religious forums, so have some cop on and leave it alone before you get yourself banned.

Is this a non-religious forum? Or are you making shít up? God bless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Is this a non-religious forum? Or are you making shít up? God bless.

SINNER!!!

Say 20 hail marys while i finish my beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Yet cannabis is still illegal.

With all the queues happening, do the government know how much the drink driving accidents, deaths, domestic violence rates will go up this weekend. 24 cans of heineken for €24, crazy. I only drink every couple of months, after 5-6 cans i'd be fluttered, never mind 24.

Yet if cannabis was introduced as a trial for a weekend and this was the result, it would be treated as "the evil of Cannabis has been shown."

***king muppets who runs this country.

Actually I'm obliged to scoff at the idea of a God, and I believe I shall! Ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Holy flying ballbag , just realised its good friday tomorrow , and I got no booze .
    Id hate it if everybody started sending me pms about where I can get a tray of beer . Absolutely hate it because that would be illegal .
    Its just gonna be me sober in the North Dublin area I suppose.
    Cough cough jaysus I think I have laryngitis too , oh cruel world.

cloptrop wrote: »
    Holy flying ballbag , just realised its good friday tomorrow , and I got no booze .
    Id hate it if everybody started sending me pms about where I can get a tray of beer . Absolutely hate it because that would be illegal .
    Its just gonna be me sober in the North Dublin area I suppose.
    Cough cough jaysus I think I have laryngitis too , oh cruel world.

In the Millenium park near the biggest tree, just look for the guy with the shovel and the bag of quick lime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i dont give a toss about drink but only realised a few minutes ago there's no post on friday
    ****ing raging, been waiting all week for one package from england and now im gona have to wait until tuesday at the earliest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Eight cans of Clonmel's finest now ice cold in my fridge

Sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭policarp

Not so long ago pubs closed at 10 o'clock on a Sunday.
    Before that, no drink on a Sunday unless you lived more
    than two miles from a pub.

Nowadays there should be a Heinekin Cup rugby match every
    Good Friday or Christmas Day. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Whose "they" ,church or government?
    Why isn't the non sale of meat enforced as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Just ate meat and having a beer now

Muwhahahahaaaaaa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Regardless of whether or not you believe in Allah, just don't eat during Ramadan and have some basic respect tbh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Forgot to buy drink today for tomorrow night. Damn :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Forgot to buy drink today for tomorrow night. Damn :mad:
    Yeah me too , its a pity you cant even ask somebody to pm you a dude selling beer on the sly , because that would get you banned. Like where do people on the northside of dublin advertise their booze trade. A brother gotta eat .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

I have a house party to go to on Friday night so I'm not just drinking for the sake of 'fúck Good Friday'. Just annoyed I forgot to buy anything today.

It's such a ridiculous law. Even if I didn't drink a drop of alcohol in my life, I'd still think it's a ridiculous law.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭SteppingStone

Only one day. People stocking up as if the off licences were closing for the weekend. Back open Saturday people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Bollox, I knew I forgot something!!!!! Damn work, now I have no booze for my only day off of the weekend :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I will be sober on this day in memory of the lord, remember he died to save us all.

For hes a jolly good fellow
    For Hes a jolly good fellow
    For hes a ................

He died to save us all

(OK really not drinking because up driving to early on sat):(:(:(

I should be canonised or something.:(

6 bottles of wine in Tesco with 25% off promotion. Most red wine goes well with red meat so its going to be a really Good Friday for me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Got drunk tonight so I'll be hungover tomorrow and will drink on Saturday. It's easy when ya don't DT's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

I don't drink, on a good Friday or a good Sunday but after your patronizing BS I might be driven to it.

I am not obliged to honour anyone, much less a mythical creature.

Easter is a pagan fertility festival which the Christians are now palming off as their own. Go figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Respect for who exactly?

• Advertisement

Do you eat between sunrise and sunset during Ramadan?

Disgusting.

Show some basic respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

I drink regularly, but also make the choice to go on the dry from time to time. I don't like the good friday thing, because it is based on religion.

I will drink tomorrow, on a pint of principle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

If you believe in God, by all means, honour him. That is your choice, and is to be respected. But don't use the law to inflict that choice on others who believe differently to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Namlub wrote: »
    Regardless of whether or not you believe in Allah, just don't eat during Ramadan and have some basic respect tbh
    Do you eat between sunrise and sunset during Ramadan?

Disgusting.

Show some basic respect.
    Analogy stealer :mad:

Namlub wrote: »
    Analogy stealer :mad:

Sorry, didn't see your post. Great minds think alike and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

reading this thread Im getting nervous that the 8 cans I got today, for tomorrow wont be enough.. just home a while ago from da pub (bit of a lock in) few cans then bed.. before I start on the "good friday 8"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I am not religious but I respect others beliefs. With that said......

I purchased 24 cans of budweiser for €24 today in tesco plus 12 cans of core light and also 24 cans of carlsburg including 1 litre bottle of perno and 1 litre bottle of bicardi rum and also 5 large chicago town pizzas and a barbecue rack with oil and.... not going on any further, we'll be here all night.

Let the non-religious party begin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

How come no one passed the Dutchie to the Centre?

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

or the right even

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Lol... all the 'I couldn't resist my Good Friday stockpile' threads are coming in thick and fast now. I approve.

Advertisement