Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GAA Performance Thread.

• 05-04-2012 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi lads, thought I'd make a GAA performance thread, feel free to ask anything about match advice/situations, positional advice, match preperation, all things that are related to advice in hurling and football matches :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

Hi lads, thought I'd make a GAA performance thread, feel free to ask anything about match advice/situations, positional advice, match preperation, all things that are related to advice in hurling and football matches :)

Interesting Thread. I will try and get things going

WINNING BREAKING BALL

What are peoples thoughts on Winning breaks when playing as a back

Move away from your man to the area when the ball is going to going to break

HOWEVER, if you dont win the breaking the ball, your man is now free

THOUGHTS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭DublinGAA96

Interesting Thread. I will try and get things going

WINNING BREAKING BALL

What are peoples thoughts on Winning breaks when playing as a back

Move away from your man to the area when the ball is going to going to break

HOWEVER, if you dont win the breaking the ball, your man is now free

THOUGHTS

That's tough to be honest. I'm not a back so I may be wrong, but what I would do is either get somebody to cover your man if possible, or be determined and go win the break yourself, and make sure the forward you're looking after doesn't get it. If your going to leave him unmarked, you have to be determined, and focused to go win the ball. If you go, and miss it, then you could be in trouble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭DublinGAA96

Anyone have any advice on how best to prepare for big championship games? I know different people have different preperations, but what do you find works best?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

Anyone have any advice on how best to prepare for big championship games? I know different people have different preperations, but what do you find works best?

This really depends on how far away from Championship you are. Anything over 6 weeks away you should be concentrating on building up your stamina and strength through gym work and running sessions. From 6 weeks in concentrate on short sprints, game situations and things like this building up the intensity all the while. Make sure you continue doing some strenght and stamina work in this time, maybe about once a week. About 2 weeks out continue with the above training but maybe reduce the nummber of sessions by 1 a week. Final week have a short midweek training covering the above situations again mainly a few sprints and game situations(assuming your game is at the weekend).
    You should be off the beer really for at least 2 weeks before championship, getting the diet right and lots of rest in this time also. Take on lots of extra water in the last 2 weeks also, not cold water as you will just piss that straight back out but slightly lukewarm water as this will stay in your system and can then be used to help prevent dehydration in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Notredameboy

I'm new enough to this so bear with me if you can. But I'm a corner forward as stated above, with a very frustrating problem. I can't seem to get on the ball any more.
    I seem to be getting into bad positions and play bypassing me.... Or even getting in the way sometimes!
    I've never been blessed with pace so I've had to rely on "cute hoor" runs more in the past. But now I just can't even seem to do that any more, and apart from frees keeping me in there a bit I don't contribute anything from open play it seems any more. My confidence is totally shot.
    I was basically wondering if anyone has any insight or tips or tricks or even back to basics stuff to get on the ball or good runs to make I could try at training during the week and maybe start from scratch. I'm hitting 30 and have to maybe start adapting my game

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement