Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ranking improvement?

Options
  • 05-04-2012 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

I've put together a spreadsheet that takes the team stats from LM and ranks us in last season and this one (and a table that shows our gain/fall in rank in each category). There's quite a bit of interesting stuff in there but I was also working out improvement and I came up with giving a +1 to every rank a team went up in certain categories and -1 for every rank dropped.
    The thing I'm not sure about is the categories to include. At the moment it's:

Passing+Rushing+TotalOffence+PointsScored+PassD+RushingD+TotalOffenceAllowed+TurnoverDiff

NOTE: all these values are ranking gain or fall.

looks ok to me but I thought I'd get your views first (I won't publish the whole spreadsheet till regular season ends but want to finish working on it so I just need to plug in the latest season 2 numbers).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

McG wrote: »
    I've put together a spreadsheet that takes the team stats from LM and ranks us in last season and this one (and a table that shows our gain/fall in rank in each category). There's quite a bit of interesting stuff in there but I was also working out improvement and I came up with giving a +1 to every rank a team went up in certain categories and -1 for every rank dropped.
    The thing I'm not sure about is the categories to include. At the moment it's:

Passing+Rushing+TotalOffence+PointsScored+PassD+RushingD+TotalOffenceAllowed+TurnoverDiff

NOTE: all these values are ranking gain or fall.

looks ok to me but I thought I'd get your views first (I won't publish the whole spreadsheet till regular season ends but want to finish working on it so I just need to plug in the latest season 2 numbers).

Sounds good McG, if you 're looking for suggestions I like the points scored one, could have points allowed as well.

The pints scored/allowed and turnover differential probably the key ones that impact record the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Points allowed is in there too, just forgot to add it to above.

Advertisement