Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary Education-Scotland

Options
  • 05-04-2012 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi All,

I was wondering can someone help me with my query. I am like a lot of people I'm sure looking at a career change into Primary School Education. I do not have the required grades such as Math,English and Irish you know yourself.Although I do have a degree in Marketing with a 2:2 grade so I would be eventually able to follow this route via post graduate study but in particular I am looking at Scotland.

So as I am considering Scotland in the future for my studies.I would like to know a few things. I have researched most of the Colleges there such as Glasgow,Dundee and Edinburgh and it seems I need to improve my grades from Leaving Cert level which is understable.So if I were to go back and sit the Scottish Equivelant of the GCSE/Leaving Cert(Whatever this is, does anyone know?)and do Science,Maths and English subjects again.

1.How would I go about it, where do I need to apply to from Ireland or alternatively in Country(Organisation or Body like the CAO).

2.When do you sit the Scottish GCSE equivelant and is it the same as here exams in Summer,May/June.

I would appreciate any information or advice with regards and anything wlse such as best colleges to apply to or financing my efforts eg. grants and things like that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    :)

Advertisement