Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water gone in Celbridge

Options
  • 05-04-2012 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

We've no water in Celbridge for at least the last 15 mins, I don't know how long it was actually gone for. Is anyone else the same? Does anyone know how long its going to be like this for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Boysey

Ours has gone too, was just about to try the Council, not sure if they'll still be about though...

James

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I think there all gone home from 5. The KCC website says there were emergency works carried out in Maynooth and the water went at 9am this morning, and it was restored at 4pm. Nothing about Celbridge though. There was also a leak in the mains in Celbridge 3 days ago and water was cut off temporarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Boysey

Just tried their Emergency Number (1890 50 03 33). There's an automated message saying it's been switched back on again but that it'll take a while to re-distribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

still waiting for that redistribution.... They picked a hell of a weekend for this.

Banjo wrote: »
    still waiting for that redistribution.... They picked a hell of a weekend for this.

Why? :S and they didn't pick it, it was emergency work to fix a problem that would have left us with no water anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

We dont have any water either and the shelfs at tesco are empty all ready :mad:

Anyone know what the water is like in Maynooth?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Water is back here on the Moyglare rd since about 6 this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

GarIT wrote: »
    Anyone know what the water is like in Maynooth?

Working since about 4pm and seems to taste fine.

MYOB wrote: »
    Working since about 4pm and seems to taste fine.

We seem to have different problems so, are the council aware of this? Their phone line seems to say that its part of the maynooth problem and should be working by now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

I still don't have water in castletown:confused:

WIZE wrote: »
    I still don't have water in castletown:confused:

There was a problem with water in Maynooth from 9 untill 4, the water went in Celbridge at 6 and the council are insisting its just water re distributing to the homes that dont have any so they are not working on it. Even though Celbridge wasn't affected they are still saying it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The reservoir for here is half way to Celbridge. Phone the emergency line anyways and listen past the message - there is usually a human there.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭sadista

water came back on in maynooth at around 4.30pm. It was a transparent white colour and fizzing slightly wtf? put it thru my water filter and the taste was slightly off too... :confused:

we should start sucking on the taps :D

MYOB wrote: »
    The reservoir for here is half way to Celbridge. Phone the emergency line anyways and listen past the message - there is usually a human there.

I've tried a few times only got through there now, the supply to the resivor was turned off as the same time as the water to Maynooth, the water to Maynooth was turned back on just before 4 but the supply for the resivor was left off and it Completely emptied at the peak time just after 6. Its been turned on before 9. Its going to take at most 12 hours from now for the water to refill.

If anyone can please turn off taps and everything so the water can get to a decent pressure by the morning. I need a decent shower after the one that was cut short earlier. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

still NO water :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

confirm ...still no F@*#ing water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭whoami1

Either it's still off or there's a rather large bubble in my system. :confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

No shower for me this morning. I feel mank. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

8am and still no water

How do we know if someone is actually looking into this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sparsh

Still No Water....and no means to know if there is something been done. Clueless...!!! It will not be long before all the water in tank runs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sparsh

GarIT wrote: »
    I've tried a few times only got through there now, the supply to the resivor was turned off as the same time as the water to Maynooth, the water to Maynooth was turned back on just before 4 but the supply for the resivor was left off and it Completely emptied at the peak time just after 6. Its been turned on before 9. Its going to take at most 12 hours from now for the water to refill.

If anyone can please turn off taps and everything so the water can get to a decent pressure by the morning. I need a decent shower after the one that was cut short earlier. :P

Thanks for this update. Hope it is going to be back anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vicmur

still no water at our house in Crodaun at 800AM on Good Friday.
    I wonder if the KCC knows this.

From Kildare council Website

They know about it but very slow to react :mad:

Water outage, Celbridge. 06/04/12 @ 08.14

By fireservices | Published: 06/04/2012
    Celbridge is still without water this morning. Engineers have been informed and are out working on same. Supply is expected to return during early part of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭whoami1

Good job I paid my household charge for improved local serv... Oh, wait...

Beruthiel wrote: »

I think you live around the corner from me

I have a Pond in the back Garden .

You will need to bring your own soap:pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Thanks for the kind offer WIZE.
    I'll.. erm.. pass.

Sprayed generous amounts of perfume this morning, no one will notice.
    I hope...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 conorfinegan

WIZE wrote: »
    Beruthiel wrote: »

I think you live around the corner from me

I have a Pond in the back Garden .

You will need to bring your own soap:pac:

A true Samaritan of society

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AmyMaria

Hope to God it's back before 10am, promised my younger sister we could see Titanic 3D today, but if I cant wash I'm certainly not going to a film where most of the 3D effects will probably make it look like I'm "in" or "surrounded by" water =(

Advertisement