Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water gone in Celbridge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

WIZE wrote: »
    From Kildare council Website

They know about it but very slow to react :mad:

Water outage, Celbridge. 06/04/12 @ 08.14

By fireservices | Published: 06/04/2012
    Celbridge is still without water this morning. Engineers have been informed and are out working on same. Supply is expected to return during early part of today.

They are complete liars. Last night I explained to them that judging by the times that this is a completely different problem to Maynooth. I was told that its not, its the same problem and once the resivor filled up everything would be back to normal. I even asked them about the leak that was found in the mains for Celbridge 3 days ago and they said that's been sorted and won't be a problem. I'm turning into.such a busybody but it has to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 esbe

http://kildare.ie/countycouncil/emergencynews/wp/?p=302
    Water Outage, Celbridge 06/04/12 @ 09.38
    By fireservices | Published: 06/04/2012

Water issues in Celbridge have now been resolved. Some areas should start receiving water immediatly and other areas will tak approx 1 -2 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Water is back in Dara Court now

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

Conflicting Reports On Celbridge Water Woes 2012-04-06 09:58:22
    Confusion abounds as to the state of water supply in Celbridge.

Parts of the town, including Straffan, have been without water since yesterday morning, following the rupturing of a primary watermain.

Kildare County Council stated at 4 O'clock yesterday afternoon that the problem had been resolved.

However, this morning, a large number of homes in Straffan and in Celbridge proper remain without water

KCC published an alert on second water supply problem in the town at 8.14 this morning, but says it is now resolved.

Not so, according to the people of Celbridge:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

It's back in Oldtown Mill now, low pressure so should be back to normal in an hour or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Back in Willowbrook. There * shall* be coffee!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 frosty66

disgraceful i want my household charge back..
    i think paying this charge means if there is ever a problem we can hassle the hell out of the council for proper service

• Registered Users Posts: 46 frosty66

I still dont have water

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pixie84

11.45am and still no water....been off since yesterday evening

Mine is back, A few people on Facebook are saying that some people have their water now and others wont until later but I've no idea where they are getting their info from.

• Advertisement

It came back for me, in oldtown mill, about an hour ago. But I still only have mains water - nothing anywhere else, must still be low pressure not letting it get to the tank

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    It came back for me, in oldtown mill, about an hour ago. But I still only have mains water - nothing anywhere else, must still be low pressure not letting it get to the tank

My tank has been filling up for the last 2 and a half hours, it was completely empty though. I still think it should be full by now so I don't know what's going on.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

GarIT wrote: »
    I've no idea where they are getting their info from.

From here I'd say.

Beruthiel wrote: »
    From here I'd say.

They say that all areas should have water by 11:50 but there are still people without it. I don't have a clue what is going on at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Water stayed on in my part of Celbridge, although we're near where the water comes down from the tanks. A friend I know in Celbridge started getting some pressure back around 11am this morning.

I rang them a half an hour ago. Some parts of Oldtown Mill still have no water at all. I think we are the very end of the pipeline.
    But we are near the front of the estate and I'm fully back, tank full, water in all taps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    I rang them a half an hour ago. Some parts of Oldtown Mill still have no water at all. I think we are the very end of the pipeline.
    But we are near the front of the estate and I'm fully back, tank full, water in all taps.

I used to live in Oldtown Mill, last estate to get water in Celbridge every time. You're right, it is end of the line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Oldtown Mill, The Paddock right at the 'end of the line', water finally restored at around 1:30pm :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 blonde2521

i live in st raphaels and we still have no water! it has been turned off since 8 yesterday anyone else have this problem

• Registered Users Posts: 68,812 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Make sure to check your kitchen cold tap (which is on the mains, not the tank) just in case you got an airlock due to emptying the main tank.

Spent a good 50 minutes earlier today clearing one here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭koheim

Live in Oldtown Mill,at the back, still no sign of water..

Has this been sorted or is it still going on?

Advertisement