Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When my house is repossessed where do I go ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

Focus Girl wrote: »
    Would love to know how this man got on as we got call from our bank yesterday - Irish Nationwide/Anglo/IBRC/NAMA - whoever!!! To say our house will be repossessed in six months unless we up our payments from the amount agreed through MABS (€320) to the actual amount (€1124) which is never going to happen. Waiting on letter from Mortgage company to come to read through it properly. We can pay the €320 for six months but if we default on that they are coming for house straight away. So basiclly they want us to pay €1920 over the next six months and then repossess - great. :eek:

It could take some time for a repossession suit to go through the courts. presumable the liquidator of the IBRC is involved in the case. He will have to follow the MARP procedures if he is going to repossess.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RoverZT

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    Well the good news it that at best it will take the bank 3-5 years to get anywhere near your house, based on similar cases I've seen.

That can't be true? :eek:

I am some idiot paying rent.

If I was to say get a mortgage and not pay it for 3-5 years, with the money saved I could get myself a nice little apartment for cash :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Evicted families go to the top of the council waiting list. There is always a stay of three months at least on the court order. There is time to register with the council before the sheriff comes.

I think you will need to clarify that because that doesn't sound right at all. They spent a long time trying to fix the waiting list because people moving to the top of the lists meant certain people could never get a place. I don't see any reason why an evicted family would go to the top of the list.

I don't see being able to get on the list while you have a house either. Two adult children may certainly not be protected unless in full time education.

Sorry to hear your situation OP but I don't think what was said is right or even fair to others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

The mortgage to rent scheme might be an option for you.

http://www.cluid.ie/Mortgage_to_Rent/Default.2628.html

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

2qk4u wrote: »
    Neither of my oldest sons work and one has epilepsy.

Are they in college (if so, I guess would be getting grant based on your reported income) or signing? Either way, they are now adults so should be contributing to the household budget.

(If the one with epilepsy was refused disability, then he must be eligible for JSA.)

• Advertisement
Advertisement