Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motherboard Drivers

Options
  • 05-04-2012 8:06pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Silly question , I just changed one motherboard for another. Also new cpu, and ram. I am using the same hard drive.
    Everything still works perfectly as far as I can see (apart from needing my gfx card driver again).

Is there any point/advantage in getting the specific drivers for this new motherboard?
    I went from a nForce 650i Ultra to a gigabyte GA-eg45m-ud2h mobo. Usually I would expect some yellow warning arrows in device manager, but nothing.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Usually if you switch motherboards without doing a fresh install you'll be lucky to get it to boot into windows at all. I'd recommend running some stress tests to make sure its all stable, and updating all the drivers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

All right thanks, just weird, I expected it to not work at all and jsut booted up into a game with it still open on it's side :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Trying to reinstall windows 7 all day.

When I go to install from usb at boot it says error verifying dmi data. But on my main pc it doesnt say that and works fine if I try to boot from it...

If i go to install it from the desktop from the usb it all goes fine until it randomly crashes during 'expanding files' saying that it can't find all the necessary files...
    Tried with several different flavours/iso's of windows 7 too. Even tried ubuntu, 'non system disk'.

:(

Advertisement