Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant spacing error ? what now

Options
  • 05-04-2012 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

After spending a good while planting a few shrubs this afternoon i just realized i made an error in the distancing and they each need to be moved 25cm. What are my options now that they are planted and watered? Will taking them up and moving them tomorrow do damage? They were potted plants.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

meh even my thread title is wrong, one of those days:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,456 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It depends a bit on what kind of plants/shrubs they are, and why the 25cm matters. Is it because you don't have enough plants because they are too close? How far apart were you supposed to plant them?

If you feel that they have to be moved you will not do any real damage to move them as they will not be established for several weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Don't even ask how i managed it but i left 1m one size and 50cm the other so they have an uneven area to spread and already it looks very wrong :o
    They were just a few small shrubs i bought at the nursery in small pots so not all that bad i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

padi89 wrote: »
    Don't even ask how i managed it but i left 1m one size and 50cm the other so they have an uneven area to spread and already it looks very wrong :o
    They were just a few small shrubs i bought at the nursery in small pots so not all that bad i suppose.

Yep start again and use some annuals to fill the gaps whilst they grow

Advertisement