Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Rihanna all that?

• 05-04-2012 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭

I don't get what people see about her. So many of her photos aren't that great to be honest. She honestly comes across as a slag. What is the hype and why has she made so much money?

Comments

OMG Keith thats so raven!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

OMG Keith thats so raven!
    :pac:

Just a view I have. I don't see why she is so popular and some like her style. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

I would like to have relations with her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

ya still would

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

She seems to like acting like a ghetto girl alright. Isn't she from Barbados though??

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭SteppingStone

She seems to like acting like a ghetto girl alright. Isn't she from Barbados though??

Yeah shes is from da carr a bean near jaa may ca man

Personally I don't think she is all that either but I do love her music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Aquila wrote: »
    Many lads would like to make a sex wee in her!

Just remember to double bag it is all...,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

KeithAFC wrote: »
    She honestly comes across as a slag.

And that's a bad thing?;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

It's just entertainment :)

*jazz hands*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

xzanti wrote: »
    It's just entertainment :)

*jizz hands*

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Maybe im getting old but i think she needs a good wash these days!! The blond wig with the dark roots...can't see that style catching on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Maybe im getting old but i think she needs a good wash these days!! The blond wig with the dark roots...can't see that style catching on.
    You to, could have hair like that, for just £14,000 a week.

Your're just jealous Polly, it doesn't suit ya.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Nice body, but horrible face. Her make up people do their best to hide her bulbous forehead with her fringe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

She just oozes sex appeal, she may not have the best looking face but shes got a gr8 pair of tits and ass, she knows this and uses them to her advantage. Also her voice is very eclectic and she seems a decent sort

leonidas83 wrote: »
    She just oozes sex appeal, she may not have the best looking face but shes got a gr8 pair of tits and ass, she knows this and uses them to her advantage. Also her voice is very eclectic and she seems a decent sort

Really? I think she has a beautiful face, I would have thought her face was her best asset in fact.. apart from her swagger ;)

I am a little sick of hearing her voice every 10 minutes on the radio though.. every second song seems to be her or featuring her.. done to death..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

All I have to say on the matter is......she's unreal up close!!!

Seriously though, I always thought she was stunning but then again I also love Taylor Swift, and opinions are much more divided about her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I don't get what people see about her. So many of her photos aren't that great to be honest. She honestly comes across as a slag. What is the hype and why has she made so much money?

Spot on. The definition of cheap, tacky and slutty. Not a morsel of style or class about her. That video she shot in a wet and dirty and cold field up North just reaffirmed all of this. Dirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Really? I think she has a beautiful face, I would have thought her face was her best asset in fact.. apart from her swagger ;)

Everytime I see her I think of this: http://www.modernclassictshirts.com/shirts/Fishbulb/Fishbulb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

She was photographed with a chain around her neck with the letters CUN* on it.What a classy "lady".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Special Agent Oso

i thought she was really cute and had a sexy vibe about her when she was going through the whole "good girl, gone bad" stage but the stage shes in now where she acts like a druggie thats made for c*ck and gets her baps out and sucks lollypops for every single photo really has taken a lot away from her imho - good girl, gone cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

i thought she was really cute and had a sexy vibe about her when she was going through the whole "good girl, gone bad" stage but the stage shes in now where she acts like a druggie thats made for c*ck and gets her baps out and sucks lollypops for every single photo really has taken a lot away from her imho - good girl, gone cheap

Ya I can certainly see the logic behind that thinking alright so I'm inclined to agree....

If only she went down the same innocent route as Taylor Swift instead of trying to become all "gangsta"!!!! :D:D:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

She seems to go out of here way to make herself look rough sometime - the blonde hair with black roots makes her look like a crack whore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

I don't think shes all that. Don't get me wrong she is very attractive I just think there is a lot better out there.

She's rebellious,oozes sexiness and shes controversial,has an amazing body, and wears feck all clothes... I think thats why a lot of people love her.

Seriously don't understand certain girls trying to be like her tho.....:rolleyes:

I know this girl - If Rhianna dyes her hair red, she will dye her hair red. If Rihanna wears pink shorts, she will wear pink shorts.If Rihanna starts speaking ghetto, she will start speaking gettho.

Her, a long with a lot of other young girls/woman do this -
    Really makes me cringe and laugh.
    Feel like saying get your own life, you are never going to be dark skinned,look like her, have her huge fan base, or have the career she does.

YOUS WILL NEVER COMPARE TO HER - BE YOUR OWN PERSON.

Rant Over :)

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    I know this girl - If Rhianna dyes her hair red, she will dye her hair red. If Rihanna wears pink shorts, she will wear pink shorts.If Rihanna starts speaking ghetto, she will start speaking gettho.

** CRINGE ** :D:D

I can see some logic with the red hair, especially if the person is into regularly changing hairstyles, for obvious reason. I've seen a girl around college with this done and it actually looks good I think....

But, of course, it depends on the girl. I've also seen a couple more and you're just left thinking, "What the hell have they done to that?!!!".

But yeah, the other stuff just fairly cringeworthy alright!!

Wilberto wrote: »

I can see some logic with the red hair, especially if the person is into regularly changing hairstyles, for obvious reason. I've seen a girl around college with this done and it actually looks good I think....

There is people who regularly change their hairstyles
    then there is the people who change their hairstyles to the exact same style & color has another person. ie.Rihanna ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Irene818

Rihanna is talented but fame is challenging her personality. Maybe she needs to rethink her behavior, because as SunnyDub1 mentioned, lots of people (girls) follow her behavior. Still, she is pretty and seems a joyful person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

She's rebellious,oozes sexiness and shes controversial,has an amazing body, and wears feck all clothes... I think thats why a lot of people love her.
    :)

Why is it that the sluttier/dirtier/desperater' the girl the sexier she is? Sexy to me is a woman who doesn't need to dress and act like a prostitute. Has intelligence, style, manners, decorum. I guess sexy is quite subjective, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

but it's mandatory for a celeb to be a slag these days, haven't you noticed?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FreeasmyHair

She's comes across as self-absorbed and arrogant in interviews. And she can't hit half of the notes when she sings. Is it just me?

She's comes across as self-absorbed and arrogant in interviews. And she can't hit half of the notes when she sings. Is it just me?

I've a friend that's a huge fan and met her in London as part of meet & greet package to her concert.
    She's not ignorant at all , she was really kind, friendly and got in pictures, actually held a conversation with my Friend, not a lot of celebs would do that - some think they are to important to meet or interact with there fans :rolleyes:

But I'll agree with you on the singing - shes not a great singer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 martin kelly.

Yes she is. Good singer too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

She tries way to hard to come across as all 'rock n' roll'. It's kinda cringey.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FreeasmyHair

I've a friend that's a huge fan and met her in London as part of meet & greet package to her concert.
    She's not ignorant at all , she was really kind, friendly and got in pictures, actually held a conversation with my Friend, not a lot of celebs would do that - some think they are to important to meet or interact with there fans :rolleyes:

But I'll agree with you on the singing - shes not a great singer
    Yes but that's because she paid to meet her. I've heard people who are huge fans like yor friend, wanted to meet her and when they had a chance she completely ignored them.

• Advertisement

Yes but that's because she paid to meet her. I've heard people who are huge fans like yor friend, wanted to meet her and when they had a chance she completely ignored them.

Think it's fair to say that its not possible for her to meet EVERY fan.
    If people are big enough fans they will pay the money to meet her.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jasonpat

Rihana is the star who is performing regularly and his albums breaking all the records.

jasonpat wrote: »
    Rihana is the star who is performing regularly and his albums breaking all the records.

Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I can never understand why people think a certain celebrity is great because they talked to a particular fan or were nice to them. I mean, it's common curtsy. Just because you are rich and famous doesn't mean you should discard your manners! I know you can't believe everything the papers print e.g. Celebrities making outrageous demands on tour and elsewhere but anyone that does actually act like that shocks me. Do they not remember where they started out? They may not be at the top forever, so it's nice to be nice. Anyway their is nothing particularly special about them, they're only human! I never thought Rihanna was amazing. Her songs aren't exactly Queen!:p There are plenty people who have worked harder than her and still haven't got anywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

jasonpat wrote: »
    Really?

She may have the record for most singles released in 6 years: 30

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! :D

There are plenty people who have worked harder than her and still haven't got anywhere!

That doesn't make sense .... They obviously haven't worked hard enough if they haven't got any where ...

Celebrity is a career - its important to have a huge fan base and she has that, it's part of her job. She obviously doing something right if she is where she is today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

That doesn't make sense .... They obviously haven't worked hard enough if they haven't got any where ...

Celebrity is a career - its important to have a huge fan base and she has that, it's part of her job. She obviously doing something right if she is where she is today.

In the case of someone like Rihanna, it's probably other people doing the hard work. And by other people, I mean her producers and management and the people responsible for promoting her. It's not through hard work musically that Rihanna is a massive popstar. She's easy to market. If she wasn't, she wouldn't be where she is. That's pop music. It doesn't matter how good you are musically, if you have the look and marketability, you're way more likely to succeed. It's got nothing to do with her personal work ethic. She's a product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

she fcuking wishes

• Registered Users Posts: 18 007IRE

Rihanna thinks she's "gangsta" and a total badass even though she is from barbados and she's not even that good looking:

http://cdn02.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2012/01/rihanna-tupac-thug-life-tattoo.jpg

I think she looks hideous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

if by 'that', you mean forehead, then yes, yes she is...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Nope, never liked her....she fecked up Chris Brown too!

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

Yes, yes she is. I love the way she doesn't seem to care what people think of her and she just does what she likes. So what if she's dated a few people in the industry...how does that make her a slag? It's the usual story...she's a woman and is open about sex, therefore she must be a whore....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

8OfQF.png

She has a couple of things going for her!

;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement