Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Barney McKenna

Options
  • 05-04-2012 9:21pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Barney, the last of the original Dubliners, died today at the age of 72.

He finally went to Fiddlers Green.

RIP, end of an era. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

R.I.P., Barney. Your music will always be in my mind, and thanks for that memory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Is there any arrangements for his funeral being made public yet?.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Is there any arrangements for his funeral being made public yet?.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0406/breaking88.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

legend of a man. he played at my nana's hen night as they were both from donnycarney.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

them 4 lads now deserve a statue in dublin!! if phill gets one for dying young and maken a few tracks to compared to what the dubliners did

someone needs to start a petion or whatever its called to get a statue for the dublins made!!!

r.i.p lads ill say the session is mighty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

RIP

fwiw
    Loads of Gardaí out in Howth today for traffic and parking restrictions when they brought the coffin over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

but1er wrote: »
    them 4 lads now deserve a statue in dublin!! if phill gets one for dying young and maken a few tracks to compared to what the dubliners did

someone needs to start a petion or whatever its called to get a statue for the dublins made!!!

r.i.p lads ill say the session is mighty

good idea. there is a statue of phil lynott outside bruxelles so why not a dubliners statue outside o donohues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

RIP barney, Funeral tomorrow in Trim co meath.

My parents where very good friends of the Dubliners and all that crowd,Remember going to the embankment in tallaght,grogans,Bremar rooms,When my father passed away in 06,There was a fair few of them at the funeral including barney. Ireland & Dublin have lost a gent of a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Jacksquat

RIP Legend

• Advertisement
Advertisement