Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Musicians Wanted for Recording Project, Meath

• 05-04-2012 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi all, I'm Daniel. (27)

As I currently have some down time,.

Was wondering is there any Musicians (Singer's male/female, guitarist's etc) in the Meath Area (Navan, Kells, etc)

Up for an open minded Music Recording Project?
    Basically just sum creative ppl working on various ideas and see how they turn out..

I play a bit of everything myself, Guitar, Bass, Drums... even a little singing at times (but my singing voice would not be up to much)

Project Sound: Alternative / rock / atmospheric / hypnotic

Singer's: Anyone
    Must not be afraid of being recording as, this is a Recording Project!

Guitarist's: No Solo nuts!
    Bassist's: Anyone
    Drummer's: Must be able to play to a click!!! (metronome)

Here's a sample, its pretty ruff stuff.
    http://soundcloud.com/dfmos/071-b-ruff
    If you can see yourself putting down sum vocals, riffs, beats to this our other similar type's of material PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dfmos

Closing this post due to lack of interest, :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

Dude you didn't even give it 2 weeks? Keep going man and don't stop. I like your track and i think it has potential. Work away on it man :)

@baz123 OK dude i'll leave it open for a while and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jawn

Also, I sent you a PM to no avail.

@jawn Yea dude I got ur mail, but so far it's only been yourself and Deschain who I got PM's from, so that's a Drummer and bass player.
    (both of which are from Dublin) - So it's not looking good for Local talent.

But I was hoping for a few more Musicians before I started to PM ppl back and organise things.

Need a singer before we can get things rolling!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 reviver

its a pity im livin in Tullamore, nothin seems to be goin on down here music wise, im a good singer and wud have been up for it but ive no transport. god it sucks livin in offaly!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rebecca1

hi im a singer ok i think people tell me im good i probably am wud luv to c u go further also im from longwood near trim wud be interested in u hearing if im what u need from rebecca glad u gav it a little longer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Did you use keyboard or synth for the backing that comes in around 0.48.

Nice track

Looks like more ppl are coming aboard....

Currently I'm a bit busy this week. (So my response's will be slow)

Looks like most of the Musicians who PM'd me seem to have sum recording setup, which means we can start to get things moving...

@Motorist Its a Synth but a Guitar Synth - Turns Guitar notes to Synth Sounds it not bad... "Guitar Rig 4"

@rebecca1 Hey cool, nice to know we have a singer, when needed.

Ok ppl I'll get back to you guys next week, and we can try and start things off, As for other interested ppl stay with us as, we will try and post update's of what we get up 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Terr

Hey dfmos, PM sent

• Advertisement

Hey all, sorry for the delay, but I was busy with Assignments, tests, etc.

Here Is a link to the New home of all Audio files related to this Project
    http://soundcloud.com/user6230807/sets - "EireMusicians"

Everyone who wishes to take part in this project should setup a soundcloud account, and follow "EireMusicians" So they can comment on the tracks, and upload any files that they want to contribute.

#
    "
    You can leave feedback on audio files by just clicking on the blue bar under the audio files at any point in the track while its playing."

This should be useful for explaining ideas about riffs on an Audio file.

In set - Track 1
    I have broke the track into part 1 and part 2 (with and without bass)
    So people can download the files and work on some ideas,

There is also Set - Track 2, which is just a ruff Idea at the moment for a second track.

Here are a list of People interested so far:
    rebecca1 - Trim - VOX
    reviver - Offaly - VOX
    goorty - Trim - GTR, VOX, Key's
    Deschain - Dublin - BASS, RECORD
    Niallbirl - GTR, RECORD
    Blackhorse Slim - Navan - GTR, BASS, Key's
    Terr - Navan - GTR, BASS, Synth, Key's
    jawn - Dublin - DRUMS

For anyone who can record there own Ideas just set the Tempo of your DAW to the tempo of the track then import the audio file, then just solo your own idea and uploaded it using the DropBox on the EireMusicians page.

For everyone else if you want to work away and come up with stuff, Then when you have some good Ideas, we'll setup a time for recording...

If you guys have any question fire away...

Advertisement