Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duffy's Takeaway/Cameo - Donegal Town

Options
  • 05-04-2012 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭

Duffys set to close in the next few weeks I hear, not renewing their lease.

Very strange, as they always seemed packed anytime I went in. Very hard to get a decent bag of chips in the town, even more so after they go.

Cameo, the jeweller in the shopping centre shuts down tomorrow also. Eighteen years there.

I was in the town today, huge crowds around but the Diamond is looking pathetic now with every second outlet empty now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Wow. Duffys is there longer than I remember will be sad to see it go. Remember when they had the restrarant where the furniture shop is now is next door, and when the takeaway had both walls lined with amusment and poker machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

irish-stew wrote: »
    Wow. Duffys is there longer than I remember will be sad to see it go. Remember when they had the restrarant where the furniture shop is now is next door, and when the takeaway had both walls lined with amusment and poker machines.

That furniture shop is gone! It was a lovely shop too. Sad to see Duffys go. There's no real chipper as such in Donegal town now then is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Where is Duffys? I cant place it at all:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

across the road from Peter's Man's Shop, beside the Ulster Bank (formerly the cinema).. Donegal's Famous Chipper is on their signs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Ahhh, know it now.

Cant say I was in there recently but I do seem to recall stopping there for a treat after a day shopping in Letterkenny years and years ago.:D

Sad to see places like that close down.:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

There is always a possibility that somebody else will take on the lease, I presume. It just won't be Declan.

Shame to see Cameo closing too, it's been a mainstay in SV centre since it opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

byte wrote: »
    There is always a possibility that somebody else will take on the lease, I presume. It just won't be Declan.

Shame to see Cameo closing too, it's been a mainstay in SV centre since it opened.

Just copped where Cameo is.

On the Subject of the SV centre surprised nothing ever went into where the Discount store was.

byte

irish-stew wrote: »
    Just copped where Cameo is.

On the Subject of the SV centre surprised nothing ever went into where the Discount store was.
    Yeah, Rite Price! Nothing has been in that unit since. I'd imagine it'll be a long while now before we see a permanent tenant there nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Loved the Fish pieces there.

byte

bohsboy wrote: »
    Duffys set to close in the next few weeks I hear, not renewing their lease.

Very strange, as they always seemed packed anytime I went in. Very hard to get a decent bag of chips in the town, even more so after they go.

Cameo, the jeweller in the shopping centre shuts down tomorrow also. Eighteen years there.

I was in the town today, huge crowds around but the Diamond is looking pathetic now with every second outlet empty now.
    Any more word on this, as it still seems to be open?

• Advertisement
Advertisement