Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vote for clan name

Options
  • 05-04-2012 10:01pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭

This is a guidance poll, five names short listed.

What should be the new clan name? 13 votes

Cry Havoc [CRY]
    0% 0 votes
    Anti Noob Alliance [ANAIE]
    61% 8 votes
    Dearg Doom [DOOM]
    0% 0 votes
    Next generation [NGEN]
    38% 5 votes
    War Torn Heroes [WTH]
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

No option to keep the current name?

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

zil wrote: »
    No option to keep the current name?

No mate, its a full change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Arrawin

Who made the short list ?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

Arrawin wrote: »
    Who made the short list ?

the DCs and the CC

Well the short list sucks imo

I vote we keep boards :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

I would like to put forward...

House of Pain

:P

Arrawin wrote: »
    Well the short list sucks imo

I vote we keep boards :)

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I voted but just want to say I don't really care what the clan name turns out to be, what clan tag or what logo we have.

They're very trivial things to be honest and no-one outside the clan will give any of it a second thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Arrawins point is accepted we should add a option to stick to existing name , just type in none if u want that

[DF]Lenny wrote: »
    Arrawins point is accepted we should add a option to stick to existing name , just type in none if u want that

lol . it was arrawin who started the whole name change saga..

"A New Clan Name

I think our clan name sucks to be perfectly honest. I would like to propose a new name. Lets be honest here, Boards is a silly name for a team. "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Throw in a none of the above option aswell ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

sorry it was Zil that asked , nonetheless none will be accepted as a vote , its not a enforced decision its a option we exploring

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bruffio

ALREADY THE **** STARTS I DONT KNOW WHY WE TRY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

I voted on Dearag Doom. Because the Italia'90 tune that sampled it sure is fitting right now. Also, I like our logo but I would settle for a red one and Dearag is Irish for red.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

bruffio wrote: »

In fairness Bruff, not changing the name should have always been an option.

Have you considered how to actually do this?? You have a vote here for an change that currently cannot be accommodated.

To change the clan name would basically require setting up a new clan.

Also, before setting up a poll, it might be prudent to ensure all members can actually view it.

For instance I gave the link to Law119 earlier - and he didn't even have a Boards.ie account, nevermind access to the World of Boards.

He didn't even know about any name change.

bruffio wrote: »

Are you serious...tis a bit of craic !! No drama or bull**** here, just plain old craic.

ZZR1100 wrote: »
    <snip>

LOL you ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭DesperateCry

95 or so members and so few to vote. It surely will not be a majority vote with so many others aren't aware what's up, so I say let's officers decide instead. For now mine would go to old one if it would be an option. I also do not want any name that has "noob" in it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

There was never anything in the way of web or own ts / mumble server.

But these are at a cost, when there is a perfectly usable TS server there
    We've hit the limit for those wondering, the current TS server can only handle 50 users (across all games, not only for WoT) and we hit the cap this week were people could not log on to TS. We have also got a new server with 100 slots dedicated for WoT (and WoA and WoB) on a year's lease sorted out and currently in configuration.

Oh and I'm locking this thread for clean up, will reopen in 30 min.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Right this thread is going to remain locked for a full mod review beyond myself because I'm on the verge of throwing out bans in this thread and that's not something I want to do lightly.

I apologise to all posters who had "normal" posts removed (they will most likely be restored in due time) but this is the easiest way to deal with this thread for now. This thread will remain locked until the mods have come back with an outcome.

Any more drama by anyone will mean losing access to this forum and if the drama continue in the public forum there as well. This is a mod warning; I'm sick and flipping tired of the drama we have here at the moment. If you need drama at least leave it in game rather then drag it in here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement