Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best network bill pay

• 05-04-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

Hi

I know this is a bit like a "how long is a piece of string question" but what's the best network at the moment....

I'd be looking for which network has the

best and fastest 3G connectivity.
    Network reliability
    Customer service
    Bill pay plans
    Value for money

I know there is a bit of overlap and that probably no one particular network covers all the points im looking for, just looking for advise and experiences from other users. Or am I mad and should I just sty with O2, currently on one of there older plans, 150 mins, 100 txts, unlimited data and free O2 calls and txts.

Currently I'm out of contract, will be picking up the htc one x as soon as I decide on which network. At the moment I'm leaning towards meteor... The have a 40€ plan with the one x which seems pretty good.

Thanks for any and all replies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Personally I think three are worth a shout. Okay the customer service isn't great but with 3 on boards, it helps to lessen the blow!

Best out there for me.

For the below:
    Network reliability

You would need to test these yourself, best using a prepaid sim from all the networks as each area is different for coverage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

srdb20 wrote: »
    Hi

I know this is a bit like a "how long is a piece of string question" but what's the best network at the moment....

I'd be looking for which network has the

Network reliability
    Customer service
    Bill pay plans
    Value for money

I know there is a bit of overlap and that probably no one particular network covers all the points im looking for, just looking for advise and experiences from other users. Or am I mad and should I just sty with O2, currently on one of there older plans, 150 mins, 100 txts, unlimited data and free O2 calls and txts.

Currently I'm out of contract, will be picking up the htc one x as soon as I decide on which network. At the moment I'm leaning towards meteor... The have a 40€ plan with the one x which seems pretty good.

Thanks for any and all replies

You will loose the unlimited data when you go out of contract.

As a general rule, 3 have some of the best offers at the moment. Most 3 packages will give you unlimited data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Network reliability
    Customer service

Definitely not 3 so :pac: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

srsly78 wrote: »

Every talk to forum has negative comments, take that link with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Thanks lads, any opinions on meteors 3G speeds in Dublin north and tipperary south???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

Thanks lads, any opinions on meteors 3G speeds in Dublin north and tipperary south???
    I'd love to find that out myself. I tried to order a free SIM from the Meteor website to test connectivity in the Blanch area, but that part of the site throws an error. They seem to have the best deal for my needs.

Advertisement