Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone go out in Clonmel anymore?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Not a bad thing. Nothing worse than a pub/club that's nearly pitch black.

As Meathlass said she is 32 I am assuming that she is talking about the first bar (as far as the first set of toilets) and this area was never dark, however when I was in there 2 weeks ago it was incredibly bright...too bright in my opinion !!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭fichillie

callaway92 wrote: »
    2nd bar is prob 70% chart music imo with some mixed up a little!

Really?Any time I go in there it always seems to be full on dance music. I'd love to see something different thrown in like some 80's or indie stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,688 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

fichillie wrote: »
    Really?Any time I go in there it always seems to be full on dance music. I'd love to see something different thrown in like some 80's or indie stuff :D

Well they wouldn't play any 80's anyway. 3rd bar is mostly fairly heavy dance with pop thrown in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

solerina wrote: »
    As Meathlass said she is 32 I am assuming that she is talking about the first bar (as far as the first set of toilets) and this area was never dark, however when I was in there 2 weeks ago it was incredibly bright...too bright in my opinion !!

Not sure what my age has to do with the brightness of the pub .. but anyway!! Yes the first bar was never too dark but it's very bright now and the second area (nightclub proper) is now all lit up around the sitting area on the right (it was two weeks ago anyway, maybe it's changed now)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Boards beers to complain about the pub > nightclub argument, prices of pints and the brightness of lights anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

Boards beers to complain about the pub > nightclub argument, prices of pints and the brightness of lights anyone?

Could be good if there was a few people interested! :)

Sounds like a good idea. I'm in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

I'm in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Phil Carrolls the only place worth going to in Clonmel imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

I would rather go to Bakers than Phils tbh....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

pooch90 wrote: »
    I would rather go to Bakers than Phils tbh....

:eek: Blasphemy

*Nothing wrong with Bakers but Phil's is great!

Bakers is a great alternative to Phils. but Phils is just awesome, whether its a week night up the front of the bar or a packed Friday/Saturday night.

Saying that, its been awhile since I have gone out in Clonmel, too lazy these days, most weekends that I am down there now its a chinese takeaway or a snackbox from Lyons' and watch TV for the evening (I have gotten old :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭fichillie

Sure once the tag rugby starts, the place will be hopping on Thursday nights anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Conchubar

I'd be up for a beverage or three. Just moved to Clonmel so not that familiar with the watering holes but happy to chip in with complaints about the chosen venue :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Conchubar wrote: »
    I'd be up for a beverage or three. Just moved to Clonmel so not that familiar with the watering holes but happy to chip in with complaints about the chosen venue :-)

You'll fit in just fine with that attitude :D

So, are we going to organise anything?

Meathlass wrote: »
    So, are we going to organise anything?

Well I'll be in Gleesons tonight. Shirt, jacket and drinking a pint of Heiniken. Come say hello! :pac:

"Are you from the Internet?"

Well I'll be in Gleesons tonight. Shirt, jacket and drinking a pint of Heiniken. Come say hello! :pac:

That's a helpful description for Gleesons!

Meathlass wrote: »
    That's a helpful description for Gleesons!

That was kinda the point, to give me some anonymity! But, alas, no one said hello!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Or ye could get a few 2Litres of Linden and go down under the Gas House bridge. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Just thought I would say that I was in O Keeffes over the weekend and I was very impressed with the new decor...and the lighting was back to normal too !!! Much nicer than it was before !!!

Off to O'Keeffes tomorrow night! Anyone else planning a night out over the weekend? :)

Was in Eldons yesterday evening, they have tweaked the place a bit, much cosier now, they have re shaped the bar, so now there is a seat in the corner under where the big Tv is, looking out onto the street, they also changed the entrance, instead of going straight in the the second set of double doors, you go in a door to the right. They put a partition wall to Divide the bar in two, it looks very well,

Will prob head in again this evening to watch the rugby, and who knows where the night will take us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Was in Eldons yesterday evening, they have tweaked the place a bit, much cosier now, they have re shaped the bar, so now there is a seat in the corner under where the big Tv is, looking out onto the street, they also changed the entrance, instead of going straight in the the second set of double doors, you go in a door to the right. They put a partition wall to Divide the bar in two, it looks very well,

Will prob head in again this evening to watch the rugby, and who knows where the night will take us :)
    What's the price of drink like in there ?

Glass of white wine and a large bottle of cider was €10 on Friday, not sure how that broke down, they were generous glasses of wine too.

A pint of Guinness this afternoon was €4.10 not sure how that compares to the rest of clonmel, but that is the same as limerick

I went to O'Keeffes last night and it was fairly quiet. The majority of people in there were really young, like 16- 19 i'd say. I lost count of the amount of 18 year olds that tried to chat me up...... where are all the eligible bachelors??? :P:D

Hopefully the bank holiday will be a better night!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,688 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Really?? I thought it was very busy last night. 2nd bar jammed. 3rd bar jammed. Hotel bar, good crowd. Band playing in side bar, busy too :/

callaway92 wrote: »
    Really?? I thought it was very busy last night. 2nd bar jammed. 3rd bar jammed. Hotel bar, good crowd. Band playing in side bar, busy too :/

Actually I was outside for ages and it was so cold that there was hardly anyone out there so maybe im remembering things a bit funny! :o Hardly anyone I knew out either.

Did you get your keyring and free malibu?? :D

• Advertisement

Ms. Pingui wrote: »
    Actually I was outside for ages and it was so cold that there was hardly anyone out there so maybe im remembering things a bit funny! :o Hardly anyone I knew out either.

Did you get your keyring and free malibu?? :D

Damn it, there was free Malibu. I would have dragged myself off the couch for that!

Advertisement