Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone go out in Clonmel anymore?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,688 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ms. Pingui wrote: »
    Actually I was outside for ages and it was so cold that there was hardly anyone out there so maybe im remembering things a bit funny! :o Hardly anyone I knew out either.

Did you get your keyring and free malibu?? :D

I did indeed!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Glass of white wine and a large bottle of cider was €10 on Friday, not sure how that broke down, they were generous glasses of wine too.

A pint of Guinness this afternoon was €4.10 not sure how that compares to the rest of clonmel, but that is the same as limerick
    4.10 is a good price for a pint of Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bank holiday weekend, richie gleeson must be rubbing his hands together, the place will make a killing. Must pop down sunday night anways, for a place that gets so packed ya cant get that sorta craic anywhere else!

In fairness to okeefes, the youngest yad see is 17 year olds, the odd 16 year old when schools on holidays and i got in a good few times when i was 17 so am in no posotion to complain.

The music is grand, 1st bar for 90s chart pop, 2nd for chart pop and some dance and 3rd bar for heavy dance. usually good bands in the side bar. cant ask for much more really? :confused:

Toilets are stink as always but i use the hotel ones anways, drink is overpriced but in fainress they can charge what they like as its the only spot really bar the post house. Im usually steamed by the time im in there so the heineken is drinkable, if im not ill bite the bullet and get a bottle (now THATS extorsion)

When everyone is home over the summer clonmel I find is usually pretty good out

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

In fairness Gleesons seems to be very busy every single Sunday - will be even more so next Sunday with the finale of the Premiership etc....

Ref O'Keeffes - have always found the front bar grand for a late drink - not been down the far end ie Bar 3 in a long time...also see Dannos is open tonight(away at the mo but dont think that will be missing much even with free admission!)

Brgds
    Johnny

PS - See Allens/Devanes/Gavins is reopened again but no name on the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭klose

Dannos was unbelievable last bank holiday weekend, and not in a good way. Went in for a leak and ran out of it, waaaaay too many underagers there, 16 I would say was the average age there.
    It seems all you need is to get someones id, and literally just that the person dosent even have to look like you in it judging by the amount of underagers there.
    Disgraceful for such a potentially top spot, will never go back unless it went under new ownership and re-branded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 walnut grove

Is the Harp Bar still open? It was fairly hairy there when I was in the Barracks lol

The Harp is still going - not been in there in ages though - think that the last time that was in there was on a Tuesday afternoon and the place was packed!!

Not a chance of Dannos changing hands or being rebranded I would think any time soon - even Mulcahys has gone very quiet indeed aside from a Saturday night.

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Dannos was unbelievable last bank holiday weekend, and not in a good way. Went in for a leak and ran out of it, waaaaay too many underagers there, 16 I would say was the average age there.
    It seems all you need is to get someones id, and literally just that the person dosent even have to look like you in it judging by the amount of underagers there.
    Disgraceful for such a potentially top spot, will never go back unless it went under new ownership and re-branded

Not much hope for that considering that higgins has the Office just sitting there wasting away.
    Is the Harp Bar still open? It was fairly hairy there when I was in the Barracks lol

The Harp is one of the most profitable pubs in Clonmel and is in no danger of losing its trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Not much hope for that considering that higgins has the Office just sitting there wasting away.

Really? If so then that's idiotic.
    I remember being in there years ago as a child and remember it being kinda cool inside.
    Could have huge potential as a pub considering its location.

Same could be said for Dannos but look how thats run.....

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Royco

Doesnt seem to be any movement on chrissies wonder will it open again also i see jim ahearne from hidden inn kilmanahan is finishing up out there and opening up the manor in clonmel will it work ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭hamco

The Harp is one of the most profitable pubs in Clonmel and is in no danger of losing its trade.

I agree with you on the harp, its doing a great trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Royco wrote: »
    Doesnt seem to be any movement on chrissies wonder will it open again

For the first time since the fire there was builders on the roof of the place. Could be early days (or possibly pricing for repairs) but something could happen with the pub. I highly doubt it'll close for good.

I am saving up to go out on Christmas eve................................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

For the first time since the fire there was builders on the roof of the place. Could be early days (or possibly pricing for repairs) but something could happen with the pub. I highly doubt it'll close for good.

Any sign of chrissies re-opening passed by the other day and a bit sad to see the roof fire damaged and no life there.

Not heard a thing about the place re-opening which is not a good sign...

The new owners have done a good job on the Manor though - on way back down there now from Dub and will no doubt catch the kick off(just!)

Interesting to see O'Keeffes advertising opening for the match as well though?

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 14,688 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Would like to take back everything I have said in this thread about O' Keeffes being strict with over 18's. Anyone that was there tonight will know why!!! Unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OMARS_COMING_

Clonmel isnt the worst place to go out to be honest,but i always thought it could do with a new bar or two as to offer a small bit more variety,but this could be said for alot of towns really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

callaway92 wrote: »
    Would like to take back everything I have said in this thread about O' Keeffes being strict with over 18's. Anyone that was there tonight will know why!!! Unreal

Ha, Ha. I think it's like any small town nightclub in fairness - full of teenagers. I was there about 2 weeks ago and hardly any kids. Was remarking on this to the barman and he pointed out the obvious - the Leaving was on.

Advertisement