Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City Drug Dealers branching into becoming Loan Sharks - Cllr John Hearne

Options
  • 05-04-2012 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Heard the above on Déise Am this morning. If what he is describing is true, which I suspect it could be, it is a seriously worrying development in our city.

I think we all have a duty to be aware of any such activities and if you notice anything suspicious in your area please do not hesitate in calling the Gardaí - Waterford City 051 305300 or the Garda Confidential Hotline 1800 666 111. If you notice a suspicious car try and get the reg no or at least the make, model and colour. If you notice suspicious people, try and get approx age, hight, hair colour etc. The Gardaí would consider any info helpful, even if it leads to nothing at least its checked out.

The interview is 28min 50sec into the first part of todays show.

http://www.wlrfm.com/wlrfm-podcasts/deise-am-podcasts.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Heard about this first a good while ago, true afaik. Some seriously extortionate interest rates being applied too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Scary stuff, once your in with them its almost impossible to get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Must be horrible to find yourself in the position that you would get involved with these kind of people. Very sad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

does it matter that these loan sharks are drug dealers?

loan sharks have been on the go in the town for as long as i can remember and i dont remember the outrage about the vermin then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

does it matter that these loan sharks are drug dealers?

loan sharks have been on the go in the town for as long as i can remember and i dont remember the outrage about the vermin then.
    I think the outrage is that these people are double-jobbing as drug dealers, AND loan sharks, and the amount of unemployment in the city!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

It's not easy getting a Boob job and maintaining a 05 Saab WHILE ON THE DOLE.
    Someone has to pay.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Loan sharks have always existed, and now (atleast in the UK) they effectively have Legal loan sharks in the form of Wonga.com and others who charge 4,000% + APR.......insane rates

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

The interest rates some of those yokes in the UK charge is criminal.

4,000% APR, you'd want to be VERY stuck to have to pay that kinda money in fairness, i'd hate to have to be in that position.

Advertisement