Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Facing Kitchen Light Replacement

Options
  • 05-04-2012 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Hello All,

I have a north facing kitchen which measures approx 4.M5 x 5.5M; problem is only one ordinary light fitting is installed which I currently have fitted with a 100W bulb but still light is quite poor when dark outside.

So any one have any ideas with what to replace the above with????? Was thinking of a tube type light fitting but am afraid this would be too industrial looking????

Ceiling is a metal frame type with plasterboard so have to bear in mind a fitting that would not be too heavy.

Any ideas welcome......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Downlighters?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

When you say downlighters; I presume you mean recessed lights????? Not keen on those as they are supposedly inefficient and also I think are difficult to work in as they seem to be very poor at shedding light in shadows so to speak.....could just be me though!!!!!!!

Thanks for the suggestion Hunter164

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

i'd say a circular florescent light fitting would be suitable , a 28 watt 2d

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Could you not just put another light in the kitchen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

t5 twin fluorescent

it can be screwed to the mf grid

they're light anyhow with the electronic ballast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

Cheers for all the replies folks,

Looks like I'll go with the twin fluorescent type light.

Thanks again

Advertisement