If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Soundware XS 5.1 Sub problem

Options
  • 05-04-2012 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

I was just using my soundware xs speakers and denon 1311 receiver playing the ps3 and noticed there was no bass. When I checked the sub, green light was on but no sound. Checked cable, fine. Tried another cable, no change.
    Checked settings on receiver, all speakers small, sub on. Powered everything off and on, tried different sources. No change. Back of sub, mid volume, crossover hz 180. Nothing.
    At a loss here. Happened once before but was fine an hour later and may have been someone changing the front speakers to large on the receiver.
    Although it was an open box item which I bought late last year, I've only had it in place and in use since the 2nd week of January when the room was decorated. I would be very disappointed if it has packed in already. Can you please confirm if there is any known issue that may be causing this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Also no sound when running a tone test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

I was just using my soundware xs speakers and denon 1311 receiver playing the ps3 and noticed there was no bass. When I checked the sub, green light was on but no sound. Checked cable, fine. Tried another cable, no change.
    Checked settings on receiver, all speakers small, sub on. Powered everything off and on, tried different sources. No change. Back of sub, mid volume, crossover hz 180. Nothing.
    At a loss here. Happened once before but was fine an hour later and may have been someone changing the front speakers to large on the receiver.
    Although it was an open box item which I bought late last year, I've only had it in place and in use since the 2nd week of January when the room was decorated. I would be very disappointed if it has packed in already. Can you please confirm if there is any known issue that may be causing this problem?

Hi Johnny,

Very sorry to hear you're having issues with the sub. I've had a few back with a similar problem. We'd need to get it sent off to Boston to be checked out.

Boston products come with a 2 year warranty so you're still covered. We'd need to get the sub back up here to Belfast. We can then send it off to Boston's repair agents to be looked at.

Chris

Thanks Chris. Do I need to arrange a courier or is it ordered for collection? I still have the box so will stick the sub into it. Is there anything else required with the return on my side?
    Thanks again, glad to hear it's something that can be fixed anyway

Hi Johnny,

You would need to arrange getting it up here unfortunately (miss the Philips Shop)

All we need is the sub, if you could package it up as best as you can please. If you could also just include a small note with your details and the problem. Just so we can speed things up getting it booked in for ya.

Our address is:

Richer Sounds
    7 Smithfield Square North
    Belfast
    Co. Antrim
    BT1 1FD

Let me know if there is any issues.

Chris

Will get it off to you so first thing on Tuesday morning. Any idea on the turnaround time in general?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Will get it off to you so first thing on Tuesday morning. Any idea on the turnaround time in general?

Hi Johnny,

Hope you're having a nice Easter.

Turnaround usually isn't too long at all. We usually have the product out of the shop within 2 days and then on to the repair agent.

Boston's repair agent is excellent so hopefully wont be too long at all.

Chris

Hi Kenny/Dave,

Any update on when ill be receiving the subwoofer back?

Hi there. We received a subwoofer back into yesterday afternoon. If your name is David, then you should have this back down to you tomorrow.

If this is not you, then let me know and I'll do a bit more digging.

ATB

Dave

Nope not me, PM sent

Hi Johnny.

They have your unit in the UK and they are working on it at the moment.

The repair should be completed shortly and it should be on the way back within the next few days.

We'll keep you posted if we get any further updates but I suspect the next update will be the sub coming in the door.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

great thanks

Dave,

Still nothing on this? Anxious to get it back soon as we're planning a house warming and need the system up and running again

Hi Johnny,

We're going to have to speak to our guys over in England on Monday. They booked the repair in so it's on their system.

I've popped a note in my diary to get on this first thing Monday.

I'll report back.

Chris

* bump*

PM coming your way.

Apologies about the delay.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.