Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ever received these type of text messages?

• 06-04-2012 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi all. Purchased a Blackberry recently since using I have received two odd texts to my phone in the last two weeks as goes

Sender: Captwilliams@usarmy
    I'm captain williams. I will be transfer to your location in three weeks/ please sen email to captwilliams@ so and so for urgent discussion

Another claiming I have won a million dollars from Blackberry and to contact with a ph number.

I never received these kind of texts on my Htc or Nokias. Can anybody tell me how these people get your number and what is it all about? Have you received them? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

I'd believe him. Captain Williams sounds powerful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

look at me, i have a blackberry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Mistake: Purchasing a Blackberry!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭SteppingStone

I'd believe him. Captain Williams sounds powerful.

Very!Sounds like there is no messing about with him. I better email him:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I'm with this guy, he outranks the captain.

• Advertisement

Look at me I'm so bitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Dem Nigerians all use Blackberries...

But it's basically the same as the email scams as Blackberries have their own mailing thingy.

You might be right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

sounds legit, congrats op

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TashaMonster

whitewhine.com

• Advertisement

Dem Nigerians all use Blackberries...

But it's basically the same as the email scams as Blackberries have their own mailing thingy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Look at me I'm so bitter.

at blackberrys? their sales have been plummeting lately. they used to be the go to phones for business but now its kids using them for the blackberry messanger function

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Yea got a few of these on my little crappy samsung

jd007 wrote: »
    sounds legit, congrats op

:D

krudler wrote: »
    at blackberrys? their sales have been plummeting lately. they used to be the go to phones for business but now its kids using them for the blackberry messanger function

If I wanted to compete with phones or talk about Blackberrys sales I would have started a thread for that. Get back in your cage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

got one yesterday (on my nokia) I will be trolling the ****er, 419eater style.. have a few ideas but any suggestions on stuff I can make him do most welcome. will post pics :D

can we get a thread dedicated to "scambaiting" ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

If I wanted to compete with phones or talk about Blackberrys sales I would have started a thread for that. Get back in your cage.

Why didn't you start this thread in the mobiles and pda forum? Get back in your cage.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Why didn't you start this thread in the mobiles and pda forum? Get back in your cage.

Yawn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Thought as much.

Read the forum charter before you start anymore threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement