Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financial help

Options
  • 06-04-2012 12:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi There, I want to do course in Graphic design/Desktop publishing and eventually with this knowledge work from home...i have one child and another on the way and no childcare so my only options are evening or possible weekend to do this. I am unemployed and a lone parent. I need help paying for the course can anyone advise what options i have financially?
    Thanks.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

There isn't much funding available for part-time courses. DSP used to have a fund for education which they are currently reviewing and FAS has also provided funding in certain cases. Try those first maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Melodycool73

Much Thanks for the advice, i'll give they a try.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Squarepanties

If you go talk to your local Saint Vincent De Paul office they usually have education funds available for those on low or no income. They helped me pay for a course in 2009. Also some of the Courts use some of the monies they collect through fines etc to help those in difficulty. Im not sure who exactly you need to speak to about it tho sorry just heard from a friend. Hope this helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Melodycool73

@Squarepanties Thank you so much for the advice, i would have never thought to ring them but i'll give it a go...it can't hurt to try!

Advertisement