Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How come there were so few taxis in Dublin tonight?

Options
  • 06-04-2012 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

I was waiting ages for one then the driver grumbled about it being an out of the city fare. There was a queue for taxis in front of Trinity. I had mad '90s flashbacks. Is Holy Thursday always like that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Bars closed at Midnight for Good Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I finished work in the southside at midnight and drove across town. I thought the place was flooded with taxis - by far the most I've ever seen coming from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

I finished work in the southside at midnight and drove across town. I thought the place was flooded with taxis - by far the most I've ever seen coming from work.

I walked from Dame Lane around Dame St. grabbed some grub, queue for taxis and loads of people out on the road trying to get any taxi coming. There were lots of taxis about but not enough to meet demand and it was in stark contrast to almost every night I've been out since deregulation. It took me maybe 20 minutes to find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I walked from Dame Lane around Dame St. grabbed some grub, queue for taxis and loads of people out on the road trying to get any taxi coming. There were lots of taxis about but not enough to meet demand and it was in stark contrast to almost every night I've been out since deregulation. It took me maybe 20 minutes to find one.

Wow 20 Minutes nearly a lifetime :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Can't remember the last time I queued for a taxi. Even back when I was a young lad it was always quicker to start walking and just flag one down that was on the way back into town to rejoin the ranks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    when I was a young lad it was always quicker to start walking and just flag one down that was on the way back into town to rejoin the ranks.
    I used to go into a hotel and slip a couple of quid at the porters desk to call one. You'll have one fairly quickly as drivers prefer to pick up a fare from a hotel.

Advertisement