Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest cpu

Options
  • 06-04-2012 3:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Doing a new build for my mate next week lads. The problem is he wants the build ordered next week but he wants the ivy bridge i5 once it comes out early may

Whats the cheapest cpu that he could use just to tick the system over until then? He will just toss it out once he gets the ivy bridge

It will an as rock z68 pro3 gen3 mobo. Will be ordering all from HWS

cheers!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

darego wrote: »
    Doing a new build for my mate next week lads. The problem is he wants the build ordered next week but he wants the ivy bridge i5 once it comes out early may

Whats the cheapest cpu that he could use just to tick the system over until then? He will just toss it out once he gets the ivy bridge

cheers!!

The G530. The G440 is €4 cheaper, but only has a single core @ 1.6GHz so don't bother with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

deconduo wrote: »
    darego wrote: »

cheers!!

The G530. The G440 is €4 cheaper, but only has a single core @ 1.6GHz so don't bother with it.

thanks pal

Also from the 23/24" screens for under 150 on hws which would be the best one? I can only find a half decent review for the samsung syncmaster one

• Registered Users Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

And Ivybridge is out in June im afraid. Or thats the rumoured release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

2500k is still a monster CPU. Even with ivy out I can't see him having trouble selling it on adverts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Ivy won't be that huge from a gaming point of view. The only thing it really improves on is the integrated graphic's on the chip. I'd get the 2500k and be done with it.

cheers for the input chaps!

gettin this screen
    Samsung SyncMaster S24A300BL

whats this defective pixel thing lads? for 20 quid
    I'd like to order Defective-pixel tests for the TFT/LED-articles in my basket, for overall 20,00 €.

is it worth it?

Advertisement