Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has this brand of Lidl Salmon Disappeared ?

Options
  • 06-04-2012 5:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

I really miss this brand which I used to buy in Lidl. Has anyone seen it around or perhaps even seen it in Lidls abroad ? The brand seems to have disappeared with the recession. Maybe people stopped buying this Salmon seeing it as a luxury . I can only speculate why it disappeared. It was about 2.50 a can but I thought it was worth it from time to time as there was nothing comparable. The shelves in Lidl where it used to be seem to be now occupied by cheaper Kippers in a similar type of can which I don't care about :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Have you tried Aldi? They might have something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

I got it recently in lidl on the grange road, Rathfarnham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Mmmm the Dill & Mustard one looks nice.

I wouldn't mind seeing if my local has any of these in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

bubblefett wrote: »
    Have you tried Aldi? They might have something similar

I had a look and can't find anything similar. Aldi and Lidl have some small cans of spicy Tuna which is nice but can't see anything resembling this particular product.

alie wrote: »
    I got it recently in lidl on the grange road, Rathfarnham

This would be fantastic news for me... I almost can't believe it as too good to be true as for about 2 years I have searched for it in Lidl in Rathmines, Tallaght, Blanchardstown, Malahide Road, Moore Street, Thomas Street, Dundrum, Nutgrove etc when passing by and have found similar looking cans but containing Kippers instead of Salmon in the place where it is supposed to be. I will definitely pay Grange Road a visit :) Thanks
    Fart wrote: »
    Mmmm the Dill & Mustard one looks nice.

I wouldn't mind seeing if my local has any of these in stock.

I found the fillet inside to be perfect and to make a filler for a great sandwich too.

I Will be up there tomarrow , will check and make sure for you, i

• Advertisement

I Will be up there tomarrow , will check and make sure for you, i

ThankYou Alie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

Or you could just ask one of the staff there..,just an idea :o

GastroBoy wrote: »
    Or you could just ask one of the staff there..,just an idea :o

The Gastronomic Geniuses on Boards is the first step !

Hiya. Just back from doing my shopping and no salmon, just kippers and Herrings, I asked and the manager said said some problem with the distribution. Will keep an eye out for you though.

Hiya. Just back from doing my shopping and no salmon, just kippers and Herrings, I asked and the manager said said some problem with the distribution. Will keep an eye out for you though.

Thanks Alie thats really helpful :) . It really is a shame they don't stock it as I think it was a real find of a product. I had about 20 cans originally due to good planning. If I am walking past a store empty handed I always think why not carry that heavy sack of potatoes now when it's easiest etc. Now I am down to my last 5 cans with expiry date on all of them about 2015 :(

• Advertisement

I was really disappointed that they didn't have them , loved it with pasta, my 16 year old son was morto that I was upset about canned fish, lol. I will keep an eye out though and hopefully now I asked they might try and get some in, always very helpful in store. We will have to have lobster instead.

I was really disappointed that they didn't have them , loved it with pasta, my 16 year old son was morto that I was upset about canned fish, lol. I will keep an eye out though and hopefully now I asked they might try and get some in, always very helpful in store. We will have to have lobster instead.

How long ago was the last time you bought one ? I really haven't seen them in about 2 years now. Before that I was buying them regularly since 2005 and even found them in a Lidl store in Berlin in 2005. Did you really buy one recently which indicates that they do have them sometimes even if we don't request them ?

I bought it maybe 3 months ago and they had quite a few, he was trying to sell me the kippers last night but I politely declined.

In the absence of the salmon I have found the tuna with mayo, gherkins, peppers anf carrots very nice.

In the absence of the salmon I have found the tuna with mayo, gherkins, peppers anf carrots very nice.

I think I tend to get my tuna in Aldi. Ocean Rise Ready to Eat Tuna Flakes In Sweet Thai Chilli Sauce (actually pretty hot I think) or my favorite is the the Oceanrise Ready to Eat Tuna Flakes with Sundried Tomato and Basil inside. I think these are another ''find'' which hopefully won't go the way of the Salmon :(

Must try those, thanks, love the sweet chilli sauce aldi have too.

Aldi will be selling it from the 9 th August, in tomato sauce,lemon butter sauce or chilli lime sauce priced at 1.79 per tin

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

yep on special this Thursday (link here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

Was this Salmon from Lidl and now being sold in Aldi ? I'm confused :) Looks cheap too compared to John West etc.

Advertisement