Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iMovie Alternative

Options
  • 06-04-2012 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I really like the look of iMovie but unfortunately I don't have a Mac. Are there any good windows alternatives as good as iMovie ?. I'am using Pinnacle 14 at the moment but it looks dated compared to iMovie.

Are any of these worth using ?

1. Sony's Vegas Movie Studio
    2. Magix Movie Edit Pro
    3. Corel VideoStudio Pro X2
    4. Adobe Premiere Elements

Regards
    Lucky

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

I bought Corel Video Studio Pro 4 as part of a value bundle with Corel Paintshop 4.

Video Studio 4 seems ok to use, I am still forming an opinion.
    The installation was less than idyllic:
    It kept on telling me it had'nt some codecs, this was a real nuisance, I got it sorted eventually.
    There is a semi decent Video Studio 4 manual provided (like a cheap paperback book)
    and some 3d glasses - gimmick really.

The other route would have been Adoble Premier, that costs a lot ofcourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I only have experience with Premiere pro and can't speak for the rest. I suppose it depends on how far you want to get into video editing? If your planning on doing it seriously and want to achieve all kinds of effects you would want to skip the elements version and go for the pro version, but for the price of the pro version it's worth looking at after effects instead. The thing about the Adobe series of products is they are industry standards so you can possibly achieve the same thing the big boys on TV achieve.

If your just looking for a simple package to use that can achieve some slick effects then premiere elements is exactly what your looking for. As it works along the same lines as the pro version it also means your on the right track should you want to go more advanced.

Advertisement