Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunderland Away

Options
  • 06-04-2012 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

Tough game away to sunderland, they are playing well since o neill took over so we will find this very difficult. They got a very good draw away to city also.

I would settle for a draw but i could see us losing this 2-0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Tough game but I don't see us getting beaten. We have played well over the last 2/3 games and seem to be back in form to some degree. A draw would probably be ok, but 3 points would be huge to put major pressure on the goons when they play citeh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I think we need at least the draw but a win would be massive. this i feel is one of our hardest games left. safe to say Chelsea might gain ground on us this weekend so hopefully we can at least overtake Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

I think this game would suit Defoe starting. His shoot on sight style is needed with the limited possession we may have. Maybe Nelsen in preference to Gallas too as his style is more suited to mixing it.

Again I am confident we can score and possibly win this, going for a 2-1 win with us conceeding late on.

A win would really keep the pressure on Arsenal and keep Chelsea at bay. To dare is to do and all that jazz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

no changes except for lennon i think

wouldnt play nelson either

This is from Gallas. I really like his attitude and I think experience might win out over Arsenal as we have some older heads in our team now.

"I think the confidence is back. After the draw against Chelsea and the victories against Bolton and Swansea, the confidence is back," the defender told Tottenham's official website.

"Now, like I said to everyone, every game is a final for us. We have to be strong if we want to finish third.

"We have to play every game with 100 per cent, and at the end of the season we will go on our holidays and feel that maybe we deserved to finish third.

"Before that we have to give everything. Before the game we have to speak together and we have to know that we are not tired, and that we can be tired at the end of the season."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Just realised we're playing Monday again. Good thing about this is that it's against Norwich, I think Lambert may play a weakened team to pervent tiredness so hopefully we can expose that (if it happens).
    Anyways, as for tomorrow this is our toughest remaining fixture. I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose, but at the same time I don't think we will. I'd like to see us start with the same XI as the last day and have Lennon in reserve just in case. Gallas and Kaboul are playing well so I don't see why either should be dropped. Bring King back in on Monday with Lennon. Walker has a very important role tomorrow, especially if Lennon doesn't start. Hopefully Harry will have his tactics sorted out again, it was refreshing to see us mix it up the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Hopefully we can keep up the good form we showed in the last few games,I think we will beat them,we have the players to do it if they can put in the huge effort need to win..Newcastle are back sniffing around again just when we thought they were gone away.that's all we need now is another team fighting for a CL place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

King will play today so hes available for next week.

Lennon and Livermore on the bench so they can start on Monday

King will play today so hes available for next week.

Lennon and Livermore on the bench so they can start on Monday

Newcastle are on a good run. Chelsea and city will be tough for them.

Glad this is an early kick off. Can get on with the day after we get a good result and puts a bit of pressure on those around us.

Was at Sunderland match once. Didn't like the place at all, couldn't wait to get back to Newcastle. That said I like O Neill, but not today.

I'm going for 2-1 win today. Ade with a brace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

need a win. i think this is our hardest remaining fixture and ARSEnal have two possible stumbling blocks so we need to put the squeeze on them

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Not sure where to watch this in galway today, there's a Food Festival on today and my 2 choice pubs for matches have events on. I can't watch the match with Maeve Higgins being awkward in the background.

STARTING LINE-UP
    Friedel; Walker, Gallas, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto; Parker, Modric, Sandro; Van der Vaart, Adebayor, Bale.
    SUBS
    Cudicini, Nelsen, Kranjcar, Lennon, Livermore, Defoe, Saha.

That's a great looking bench in all fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Fancy Bale to score today... 2-1 to the Spurs!

COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Larsson always seems to score against us, Walker v Mclean should be a good battle. Cattermole knacker.

any good streams lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nice and controlling so far. Was definitely hand ball there, but he knew nothing about it. Need to get a goal from this possession though.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Nice and controlling so far. Was definitely hand ball there, but he knew nothing about it. Need to get a goal from this possession though.

Except Sandro, he's been poor so far.. Livermore could be on at half time if he doesn't wake up!

BAE goes left, goes right, goes left, goes right, goes left:D

keane=cock wrote: »
    any good streams lads?

Bloodzeed @ wiziwig.tv ... Best stream out there!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Fairly worried anytime BAE touches the ball

Kaboul seems to be worried about BAE too.

Good game from a neutral point of view. Hugely competitive and some tasty challenges going in.

Sandro :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Sandro needs to go, he's been terrible today so far

I dont know he seems to be growing into it for me. We seem to be getting on top in midfield now.

What the hell is BAE doing passing back to Friedel from there !!

Poor refereeing, two body checks no yellows?

• Advertisement

Seillejet wrote: »
    I dont know he seems to be growing into it for me. We seem to be getting on top in midfield now.

Same, he's a beast of a player, and we need that against this thuggish play, just needs to get that confidence up

Advertisement