Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NMH410 - Drive Access Issues

Options
  • 06-04-2012 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hey Everyone

Hopefully someone can advise me what might be wrong with this as its the second time its happened.
    It seems that when the drive capacity reaches a certain level or when its been running for so long, the drive just won't let me copy files across.

Up until about 3 days ago everything was working fine. No changes in network or anything. All of a sudden whenever I am trying to copy files I am getting "The network name is no longer available". Now i am at this point still browsing it through file explorer.

I have attached an image of my drive setup:
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/nmh410drivesettings0604.png/

Basically previously to this I had 2 2tb wd drives in, and this happened. Removed the drives, reset everything to factory default, reformatted 2 other drives (2tb and a 1tb) via linux and then put back. That was about 3/4 months ago, and all of a sudden here we go again, crapping out when trying to copy files.

Anyone have any ideas whats going on?

Side question: Does anyone know if its possible to install an alternative firmware on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

It looks like you're hitting a 2 TB limit.
    Windows 32bit and some Linux tools like fdisk have issues at greater than this size.
    http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Media-Hub/Full-drive-capacity-not-available-on-NMH410/m-p/416627?comm_cc=HSus&comm_lang=en#M3321

On a desktop you'd replace fdisk with parted.
    Cisco / Linksys should have provided newer firmware, but unlike Synology and Qnap they've just dumped support of this device.

It might be possible to remove the two drives and repartition them on a linux system but I can't tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭enigma_b17

Well im trying to copy them from Windows Server 2008 to the Linksys box which should be ext3 if I Recall.

Might try and clear them and just use each disk separately see if that has any effect.

Any other ideas? Has anyone else had the same device and encountered the same issues?

Advertisement