Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet connection problems

Options
  • 06-04-2012 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

I am trying to connect a Arnova 7G2 tablet to my wireless router but its coming up as not in range.

My brother who is fairly tech savy could not get a signal either, my lap top works fine, he got his I phone to work of it no problem, but no luck with the tablet the SSID and encryption key used work fine on the lap top and the I phone but not the tablet.

We tried the tablet on my fathers wireless connection and it worked fine there, his modem/ router is the same as mine its a Netopia 2247 provided by Eircom. My father recently changed his service provider from Eircom to Vodaphone if that has any bearing.

I rang eircom to see if they could help but they said as long as the wireless is working for the lap top they can`t do anything for me

The tablet works fine but won`t connect to my wireless any ideas on how i can sort this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Have you tried temporarily turning off the encryption on the router and seeing if it connects to the tablet? Maybe the tablet does not support the encryption used on the router.

Have you also checked that the wireless adapter on the tablet is enabled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭DD67

FSL wrote: »
    Have you tried temporarily turning off the encryption on the router and seeing if it connects to the tablet? Maybe the tablet does not support the encryption used on the router.

Have you also checked that the wireless adapter on the tablet is enabled?

Wireless is enabled on the tablet as it works off my fathers router

How do i turn off the encryption on the router

Advertisement