Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

itouch not syncing podcasts

• 06-04-2012 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

hopefully someone here can shed some light on this query i have.
    i have an ipod touch 1st gen and its becoming more and more useless, in last last 2 weeks it has stopped synching podcasts to the library, even when there is free space, it synchs new music straight away.
    would this have anything to do with recent itunes updates?
    also because i cant upgrade the iOs on the thing i cant download any new apps and the ones i have seem to being phased out, the rte news now app i have only updates the entertainment news now!
    is there anything i can do or is it apple trying to force me to upgrade?
    i cant afford any new toys and cant see me having any money to do so for the foreseeable future. :(
    Any help or info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I was having syncing issues with my 4th gen recently. It'd sync the names of new podcasts, but they were greyed out on the device. A restore sorted it out, but it took a while to get all the data back on. Before you do a restore, make sure you still have podcasts set to sync in the settings.

As for newer apps not being available on your first gen, that's planned obsolescence I'm afraid. It is 5 years old at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I didn't like how iTunes managed podcasts, so I use a third party app called Downcast. Fantastic functionality - I haven't looked back.

Advertisement