Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That weed puller yoke

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

I want one!!! :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'd be impressed if it works as well as shown on the video - how often would the taproot actually snap on you in practice?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭bikerjohn

its a gimmick, it leaves most of the weed in the ground to regrow worse than before ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kynzvart

Dont buy one, I was given one as a present, USELESS, it only pulls up bits of the weed. I get the weeds out with an old knife, works ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,932 ✭✭✭✭listermint

kynzvart wrote: »
    Dont buy one, I was given one as a present, USELESS, it only pulls up bits of the weed. I get the weeds out with an old knife, works ok.

Perhaps a video review is in order then? That would give non believers a clearer picture ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

seems to have good reviews, from customers who bought it, on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B0002TTRT4/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Theres a weed puller in Lidl for 5 euro at the moment.

And it works just as good as that overpriced gimmick above.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Well I use one several times a week. The first one broke but B&Q changed it without question & the new one is showing no signs of trouble - that's cursed it :D

I love it & I have all the other alternatives including the Wolf weeder. Sometimes it does miss the stem & you need to go back for a second go but it works 70% first time. Yes you may get some regrowth but even with knife type extractors & the V extractors you rarely remove all the root. It is just so much easier that grovelling on a wet lawn. The answer is to buy it from B&Q & take it back if you don't like it.

This is my serious weed removal weapon & is easily the best tool that I have ever owned. When the weeds see this they leap out of the ground & surrender.

products_2223_1_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

seems to have good reviews, from customers who bought it, on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B0002TTRT4/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

but, alot of those reviews could be made up...wouldn't be the first time

• Registered Users Posts: 45 pneireland

paddy147 wrote: »
    Theres a weed puller in Lidl for 5 euro at the moment.

And it works just as good as that overpriced gimmick above.
    hi Paddy147....do you have a link to this lidl weedpuller?....nobody in our local lidl know anything about it !!

• Advertisement

pneireland wrote: »
    hi Paddy147....do you have a link to this lidl weedpuller?....nobody in our local lidl know anything about it !!

It was a few weeks ago. It's a standard "apple corer" type weeder. The only one of this type that is any good is the Wolf one. But these type are not in the same league as the Fiskars. They leave big holes, & they don't grip the weed very well. I used one for years. The Wolf does make quite a good bulb planter - that's how big the holes are.

The Fiskars is the first totally new idea. I am very pleased with mine & my tools get heavy use.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 pneireland

Cheers Discodog - for the very quick reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

it would not be of much use to me, i have a problem with weeds along the side of the tarred driveway, which is tarred to the wall, but between the wall and tar they keep poppimg up, that thing is only meant for soft ground, i use a knife for my problem

goat2 wrote: »
    it would not be of much use to me, i have a problem with weeds along the side of the tarred driveway, which is tarred to the wall, but between the wall and tar they keep poppimg up, that thing is only meant for soft ground, i use a knife for my problem

They are the bane of my life. I find that these work well.

fd11f649f4.jpg

4073aa8182.jpg

The second one, which comes in two widths is the best weeder on earth. I have been using them for over 20 years. The quality is so good that I can get about 10 years out of them, even with Galway soil ! Also Wolf make a really good long handle.

Advertisement