If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic P50/55 VT50

Options
  • 06-04-2012 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Just wondering will you guys be getting the VT50's in? Been talking about upgrading from our 40" Samsung for quite a while but decided to wait until we had bought a house, which has now happened :D. Initially I was going to go for a 50". But the sitting room is quite big.... so might be tempted to go 55" for that wee bit extra! Reviews on the TV seems pretty good too.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Chris,

Congrats on the house. :)

We will indeed be getting the 50 VT50. Just waiting on a ETA and pricing. :) Not 100% on the 55" but I can check with our guys in England when they're open again after Easter.

They look amazing!! Dual core processor and flash enabled for browsing is a great feature. The spec just gets better and better. Think the Panasonic high end range is gonna rule the roost again this year.

Will hopefully have pricing soon. :)

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Hi,
    Any updates on this?

Cheers

Hi there.

The price that I have on this is £1749 when purchased in-store.

There is a new pricing policy from Panasonic that will apply to some models (VT being one of these) which means that the in-store price may actually be cheaper than the online price as they would prefer you to come into store to demo the product before you buy it.

I have a rough ETA of the end of this month but Panasonic have yet to give us anything that is 100% concrete.

Not sure how this fares compared to the competition but keep me posted if you have pricing from anywhere else.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Thanks Dave, best price I've seen so far. Was debating whether to go for the VT and the GT 50. Probably will go for the VT. Lets just hope the cash holds out now, after all the furniture for the new house :p

Which brings me to my next question. If we get the TV we'll be looking for a nice unit too. Do you guys do any nice wooden corner units for a 50" tv? Most corner units I've seen only go as far as 42. Don't fancy mounting it above the fireplace.

Edit : By corner unit, I don't mean it has to be flush (fill) the corner, as that would be rather large! Just one that has angled corners so that it suits a corner.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting back to us.

The VT is looking lush like. You'd be making alot of people jealous with a TV like that. The What HiFi review on the GT50 was fantastic. Can't wait to get the new range in here.

We don't do alot in the way of wooden stands unfortunately. :( One of the closest stands would probably be this Alphason oval black glass stand priced at £129.95.

Trying to find a picture online but proving hard.

Best bet would probably be Ikea. :)

Chris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fozz

Hey there...just chasing this up...any ETA on the 50'' VT50 in your Belfast store?
    Hoping to have in before euros so can you please advise on availability?
    Thanks!

Hey Fozz.

The 50VT50 has just been placed on our website over the weekend:

Panasonic TXP50VT50 priced at £1899.95 (FREE 5 YEAR WARRANTY AND HALF PRICE BLU RAY)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txp50vt50b/pana-txp50vt50b

Stock has not reached us here in Belfast but we can order no problems.

Let me know what you think.

That's great news!
    I am very much in the market for one and will shout as soon as I am ready to order. Main thing I need to sort is transport big enough to carry the thing.
    I was going to buy via mail order from directtvs but would happily spin up the road to collect from you.

Can you also stock this item:?
    http://www.directtvs.co.uk/Optimum_Coruna__Cadiz_Solid_Oak_Black_Finish_TV_Cabinet_-_Up_to_50_inch_CADIZ_BLACK_OAK/version.asp
    Or something similar?
    I want a low down closed stand to hide the AVR/UC box etc in.
    Cheers.

Hey Foss.

No Worries at all! Just give me a shout when your ready ;)

I would not have a rack like the one in the link unfortunately.

Have a look on the following link as this shows our rack range:
    http://www.richersounds.com/products/home-cinema/accessories/racks

Cheers Kenny...sent u a PM there looking for details.
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Leopardi

Will you be getting the 65" model of this TV? If so, could you please tell me the expected price?

Hi Leopardi.

I have checked with our purchasing guys and the 65VT50 will be coming in shortly but in very small quantities.

They are going to be £3599.95 and they will be special order for us due to the shortage on the stock.

I hope this helps, but if you are interested, please let me know.

ATB

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Leopardi

Hi Leopardi.

I have checked with our purchasing guys and the 65VT50 will be coming in shortly but in very small quantities.

They are going to be 3599.95 and they will be special order for us due to the shortage on the stock.

I hope this helps, but if you are interested, please let me know.

ATB

Dave

Thanks for the reply, Dave. Leave it with me. That is certainly the best price I have heard of so far.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.