Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What about this idea?

• 06-04-2012 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I was brought up a Roman Catholic in Ireland and the recent uncovering of all the scandal in the church has made me question what religion is about.
    You cannot really blame me for questioning my faith in the catholic church and I know there are a lot of good people in the church too, I just don't believe that this is the religion I want for myself and my children. Unfortunately the primary school my children are in was set up by the church in my area and my youngest child is set to make her communion in May, so its hard to get away from it.
    In essence I know that there is a higher power. I have searched the Internet and read about a lot about different trains of thought on the subject and suppose I was looking for the one that suited me most :) And I came across the idea of Ascension. It seemed a bit out there but when you get down to the brass tacks it is a fantastic idea! That we should let go of all our material possessions, or haves and have nots, and focus on being good to each other so that we may ascend to our next plain of existence. Ok far-out I know but being a (moderately) intelligent person, I thought about our beginning and came to the conclusion that every piece of matter in the universe is made up of atoms which in turn are made up of energy, so in essence we are made up of energy. Ok we all know that but when I think of our consciousness combined with this energy I think "So where do we get our energy and why are we aware" and came to the conclusion that the Sun, now hear me out :), is our source of both. To be honest I don't think this is a radical idea, the sun being sentient. Peoples in history, before the Catholic church worshipped the sun and stars. There are monuments to this all over the world e.g Mayans, Newgrange (Ireland) and The Pyramids being the most obvious. So this would mean that all stars are sentient too right! And do you know what! That make my feel really good as I can let go of the trappings of the church (because I don't think there should ever have been anyone telling us how to live) and just enjoy the treasures of the world that the big generous ball of light has given us.
    So is there anyone else on my wavelength or am I just talking a big load of crap? You decided!

P.S Oh and btw Peace and love rule my brothers and sisters because we are all one when we hurt another we hurt another we hurt ourselves.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

I`m sort of on the same wavelength as you.
    The sun is a part of what makes us all tick.It gives us and animals and plants energy to live so it can be seen as a god and the ancients were right to worship it because without it we wouldnt be here.I dont believe we get our consciousness from the sun.Our consciousness is a different form of energy that science hasnt figured out yet.
    Our consciousness is not restricted to ourselves,we can exist outside our own bodies and thats what happens when we die,we live on in a different state of energy.There are plenty of people in the world who understand this and they can alter their consciousness for different things.psychics and healers use this energy.Eventually science and evolution will understand this energy and that will be a giant step for mankind because it will end the need for religion in the world.We will all know the truth then about what we really are.I think light and the collective consciousness of everything alive is what "GOD" is and it will be
    a very powerfull energy when understood by all mankind.

Advertisement