Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Blinds to use?

Options
  • 06-04-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I was going organizing a game of poker with a few lads (6 or 7 roughly) in college next week.

I was hoping ye could answer a few questions for me.

If we were doing a €10 buy-in what amount of chips should we use?
    What value would the chips be?
    What should the blinds start off as?
    How often should we increase the blinds?
    What would the story be with buy backs?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Roughly how long do you want the game to go on for?

What do you see as the purpose of rebuys? Is it a chance for someone unluckily knocked out to get back in, or do you want a madcap game where multiple rebuys build a nice €pot?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

Roughly how long do you want the game to go on for?

What do you see as the purpose of rebuys? Is it a chance for someone unluckily knocked out to get back in, or do you want a madcap game where multiple rebuys build a nice €pot?

2-3 hours anyway i suppose!

To prolong the game i suppose,just to keep everyone a bit interested for longer. Maybe like first 3 out can buy back in

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Local_Chap wrote: »
    2-3 hours anyway i suppose!

To prolong the game i suppose,just to keep everyone a bit interested for longer. Maybe like first 3 out can buy back in

The thing is, whatever structure you use and buybacks there's still eventually be a first person out with 6 remaining, and that person complaining fairly bitterly that he's bored watching.
    Maybe the first two people out will volunteer to deal. Having two decks and two dealers can really really make the game more enjoyable.

Say 5000 chips each, 7 players and around 3 rebuys is 50000 chips in play.

A structure for blinds every 15 minutes.
    25/50.
    50/100.
    100/200.
    150/300.
    1 Hour. (Maybe declare no more rebuys here)
    200/400.
    300/600.
    500/1000.
    800/1500.
    2 Hours.
    1000/2000.
    1500/3000.

2000/4000.
    3000/6000.
    3 hours.

This game would likely end around the 1000/2000 or 1500/3000 mark which is between 2 hours and 2 and a half hours.
    You could extend it to 20 minute levels or up it to 8000 starting chips if you want something with a better structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 NamedUser

http://www.pokerclock.com/

not sure if this is the best site but there are lots of free ones out there. some run on i-phone.

If you want my advice though, run a cash game. Everyone can show up and leave whenever they want. No fiddling around with clocks and stacks and a 6-7 runner sit'n'go will get redic crapshooty at the end normally.

If you wanted to play E10 tourney. you should prolly set the blinds at 2c/5c or 5c/10c.
    Cap the buy in or no. of rebuys at Eur10 or Eur20 if you like.
    These games can get deep fairly quick.

Advertisement