Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

you ever get done on done deal or get a good deal

• 06-04-2012 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Everthing I have got so far has been good
    A potato planter €500 good
    Howard rotavator €600 fair
    Heifers good none died so far thank god

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

13 tn digger
    dump trailer had been looking 6 months all good
    Same as buying second hand anywhere BE A|WARE OF CONS
    Pictures are a big help saves traveling for rubbish
    sold cattle trailer from picture buyer happey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

husband advertises on it for haulage work, get a fair share of timewasters but has been good enough so far, doesnt take long to sort the tyre kickers from the real people.... have bought a good few things on it also, so far so good... i am looking for a br/fr bull at the minute in the leinster area, not too many on dd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭fastrac

The report feature gets a lot of scams off DD. I always google the phone no to see if there is multiple ads using the same no. Its ideal for farmers with 24/7 access and the pictures. I have noticed more and more lonely hearts calling since the recession but if your a regular you will have them copped fairly fast. Farmers would be fairly good to spot a dodgy deal but id say there are plenty traps for the unwary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Have bought and sold cars, stock, silage and machinery and never a bother at all.
    It's a gift when your looking for something due to the sheer volume of adds, easy to spot overpriced goods.
    For the price you get to put up a good add with a decent number of photos too. I don't even look at adds with no photos.
    On the look out for chickens and pigs at the moment, truthfully I give it a scan most evenings just on the look out. I suppose I could be looking at worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

bought a good few heifers off it, only issue with pics you might be told an animal is heavier than it actually is. bought machines too no issues. tried to sell a few bits and had serious timewasters. had one lad on the phone 45 mins and just had to hang up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

Was the guy that rang you just a lonely individual because I hear there is alot of this going on. Old lads just wanting to talk to someone or was it just a haggler trying to get you to give it away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭tim04750

Give it time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

have bought lots of machinery on it but when i am buying something i try and pick it up before the season starts , also i had a trailor stole and the smart boy that brought it out of the yard put it up for sale 3 weeks later , he didnt think i watch DD 3 times daily have to take a spin down to cork to fetch it back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

[MOD]
    Duplicate threads merged
    [/MOD]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

6480 wrote: »
    have bought lots of machinery on it but when i am buying something i try and pick it up before the season starts , also i had a trailor stole and the smart boy that brought it out of the yard put it up for sale 3 weeks later , he didnt think i watch DD 3 times daily have to take a spin down to cork to fetch it back

now that is a good one haha :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

whelan1 wrote: »
    husband advertises on it for haulage work, get a fair share of timewasters but has been good enough so far, doesnt take long to sort the tyre kickers from the real people.... have bought a good few things on it also, so far so good... i am looking for a br/fr bull at the minute in the leinster area, not too many on dd

what kind of haulage does your husband do? does he have a lorry?

simx wrote: »
    what kind of haulage does your husband do? does he have a lorry?
    ye, has a scania with a 45ft low loader

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

I sold bales on it and bought heifers and a horse off it, no problems. There were some amount of calls for bales this year, only 1 genuine call. 1 clown wanted to buy 100 bales off me the day he was calling to see them he came within 2miles of my yard and rang to say the distance was too far and he was inclined to give out to me for sending him such a distance, I wanted to tell him to invest in a map or check the distance on Google maps before he travels to view but I Kept my cool.

ye get alot of clowns wanting jobs done for nothing:cool: also one person rang at 12.10am ffs, what would you be doing ringing some one at that time ... when i heard the phone ringing i thought there was something wrong, bloody idiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

DD is very good the pictures are great if I see no photo's I do not look at add, I have bought a car ,van, tractor off of it and sold some old farming equipment that might have rotted in the yard and a car. If you are selling old gear the thing is to be realistic and especially the same with cars. Old farming gear will always sell if it is priced right even if it is on DD for 3-4 weeks. Cars are different if you price them wrong after 2 weeks you will recieve no calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

DD is very good the pictures are great if I see no photo's I do not look at add.

Agree with this, but even then you have to be careful. I have been burned a couple of times with blue banger roof slates. Couple of long trips out to find seller was wrong, intentionally or otherwise, about the size and colour of the slates. Had to insist on a pic with tape measure on slate before I managed to get what I wanted.

Also a gearbox I bought failed at first test. It was replaced but I had to pay for the labour to take the failed one out.

Some of the prices make me snort in derision though. It takes a while before realism strikes. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,052 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

ye get alot of clowns wanting jobs done for nothing:cool: also one person rang at 12.10am ffs, what would you be doing ringing some one at that time ... when i heard the phone ringing i thought there was something wrong, bloody idiot
    sorry whelan i was a bit lonely, just wanted a chat!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

bought some store lambs off it

advertised a couple of bulls and when a purchaser came he took a fancy to some light yearling heifers we intended letting to grass so we dealt for them as well

I notice in some of the livestock photos the seller takes the pic while kneeling or hunched down giving the impression the the stock are taller than they actually are

some cute hoors on there ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

I got done last Sunday , 10 texel cross ewe pet lambs , Westmeath, Free To a good home, going on holiday Tuesday so must collect ASAP ... Rang fella straight away.. It was April fools gag his mates played on him! His phone was hoppin, sound lad though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭milkprofit

i hope you rang him back at 3

• Advertisement

milkprofit wrote: »
    i hope you rang him back at 3
    have better things to be doing at 3am!

got a call at 12.10 am this morning wtf! who would ring some one at that time:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Askim

got a call at 12.10 am this morning wtf! who would ring some one at that time:confused:

was it the same guy who rang last time, he must have read your previous post & wanted to catch up :)

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Dad was selling his jeep a few weeks ago and a lad rang him at quarter to twelve on a saturday night . He told him that the price was too high (even though it priced in the ad ) and that he wouldnt spend that kind of money on it :rolleyes:
    He then spent three quarters of an hour more talking about the crazy price of cattle and manure and diesel :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    The worst part was that dad who was in bed asleep when the phone rang was happy as larry to chat away to him :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 youngchap

bought aload of calves of donedeal, found some sound lads, one ****, but overall good, decent:**** ratio :D

Bought 4 Weanling Heifers thisevening... Had then delivered in my yard 3 hours after seeing the add... It's hard to beat that :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

bbam wrote: »
    Bought 4 Weanling Heifers thisevening... Had then delivered in my yard 3 hours after seeing the add... It's hard to beat that :p

The department of Ag would love to hear of such efficiency :P

The department of Ag would love to hear of such efficiency :P

But i didn't buy them from the department :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

ah whelan you put enough info up here for any of us to figure out what the no is and ring at that time for the crack,come on lads who did it,own up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

keep going wrote: »
    ah whelan you put enough info up here for any of us to figure out what the no is and ring at that time for the crack,come on lads who did it,own up

Wasn't me but I was tempted:) My money is on kev!!

Is it the ad with/without the digger?;)

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Some of the descriptions of ads are hilarious. I would love to see some of these triple muscled calves in the flesh.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/beefcattle/3307871

Not actual bull but very similar... photo is of a bull in the United States and is a different colour completely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Bodacious wrote: »
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/beefcattle/3307871

Not actual bull but very similar... photo is of a bull in the United States and is a different colour completely

Look what he calls himself in the ad:D

Short Horn Bullock!!!!!!!!!!!

Bizzum wrote: »
    Look what he calls himself in the ad:D

Short Horn Bullock!!!!!!!!!!!

Spotted that after Bizz,

you would be well wary of his fertility after the name alright... i can only just imagine what actual bull is like if he getting pics off of the net rather than his own animal, he might have him on a crash diet:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

What do ye think of this one. http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/3348438

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

there must be some catch. it cant be that cheap. the loader alone is worth at least half that.

2WD drive tractor. Not very popular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

Figerty wrote: »
    2WD drive tractor. Not very popular?

Looks 4WD to my eyes. I think I might have enough moola, on my credit card to buy it.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

scam scam scam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Atilathehun

stanflt wrote: »
    scam scam scam

Nice website behind it.:p Add posted as Dublin based, but UK phone number.:p

• Advertisement

Same Website had a few tractors up about 7-10 days ago a JD and a massey I see them on the site still. I say it is a scam they be looking to be paid through a shipping company, if your buying go and see the tractor but I would not waste my time

Had a look at the address on Google street view.... there doens't appear to be a 56 Talbot Road, Dunham-on-the-Hill, Frodsham, United Kingdom WA6. But you can't fully trust Google either.

If it looks too good,, then it is usually too good to be true...

It is a 2WD though

Same Phone number turns up on the following..different 'company'

http://agriculture.vivastreet.co.uk/machinery+spalding-pe12/ransomes-hr6010-batwing/47553175

Ad. removed from Donedeal last night by the seller..didn't like the heat.

Was it taken down by seller or DD as if someone reported it to DD it would be taken don they are good that way. There was one about 2 years ago on DD shipping from the USA I reported it and they took it down

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SoJoMo

Farmandplant.ie has an interesting seller - same tractor and two differnt prices:
    http://www.farmandplant.ie/Used-Farm-And-Plant-For-Sale-Ireland/Zetor/Dublin/169149

comms back from seller when I ask to view tractor: not for viewing due to previous timewaster, will sell through eBay and seller only gets paid once tractor is delivered etc:

The sellers email address gets google hits for selling stuff from the UK
    #############
    Hello,
    Its still for sale. Immaculate condition, no damages, nothing to worry
    about. All necessary documents available. My current location is
    Scotland due to my work commitments,If this is going to be a quick
    sale, I will let it go for £4000 delivered at my costs. Are you
    familiar to eBay? I will list the tractor on eBay Motors for the £4000
    buy it now price and I will send you a link to my auction, so you can
    buy it immediate.
    As soon as you will confirm the payment to eBay, I will proceed
    delivery without any additional costs for you.
    In case you are not familiar with them, please read their Buyer
    Protection and will see that they cover 100% the transaction done
    through them up to £50,000. You will receive the tractor with all the
    documents. As you know eBay is the best company of online transactions.
    If indeed interested in buying it and have the funds, I will list it on
    eBay, as I have a 100% positive feedback with them.
    Please let me know your decision.
    Thank you

########

Hi
    eBay sound great but I would need to view the tractor before and deal
    is done.
    Where could I see the tractor?
    Thanks

###########

Due to my location and since view is not an option I have requested personal support and I was approved to use Buyer Protection Program. Here is how the process works through the Buyer Protection Program:

- I make the private listing on eBay for you,
    - you go and buy it through their website,
    - you have to pay for the item to eBay to secure the funds,
    - they confirm me that they received the funds,
    - I deliver the tractor,
    - you receive the tractor,
    - they send me the money,

Everything is covered by eBay. I will get paid only after you confirm that you received the tractor order.
    Let me know if this is acceptable. Thank you

###########
    Hi
    eBay sounds great but I would need to view the tractor before any deal
    is done.
    Thanks

#########

Sorry for this but last time when I had someone interested he said, yes please keep it for me he made me wait for 10 days then he came to see it and then told me yes I would definitively buy it but I still need to get the bank loan. So sorry, I`m a 56 year old woman, don`t really have the time to arrange another viewing. If you don`t like it ebay will just refund you the money. As simple as that. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭greenoverred

Im not sure if you are thinking about purchasing this tractor. If you are, trust me think again. This is a complete scam. Ive seen it a few times and know someone who was caught by it. Ive played along with it once or twice by sending emails back and forth and I can guarantee you its a scam.
    SoJoMo wrote: »
    Farmandplant.ie has an interesting seller - same tractor and two differnt prices:
    http://www.farmandplant.ie/Used-Farm-And-Plant-For-Sale-Ireland/Zetor/Dublin/169149

comms back from seller when I ask to view tractor: not for viewing due to previous timewaster, will sell through eBay and seller only gets paid once tractor is delivered etc:

The sellers email address gets google hits for selling stuff from the UK
    #############
    Hello,
    Its still for sale. Immaculate condition, no damages, nothing to worry
    about. All necessary documents available. My current location is
    Scotland due to my work commitments,If this is going to be a quick
    sale, I will let it go for £4000 delivered at my costs. Are you
    familiar to eBay? I will list the tractor on eBay Motors for the £4000
    buy it now price and I will send you a link to my auction, so you can
    buy it immediate.
    As soon as you will confirm the payment to eBay, I will proceed
    delivery without any additional costs for you.
    In case you are not familiar with them, please read their Buyer
    Protection and will see that they cover 100% the transaction done
    through them up to £50,000. You will receive the tractor with all the
    documents. As you know eBay is the best company of online transactions.
    If indeed interested in buying it and have the funds, I will list it on
    eBay, as I have a 100% positive feedback with them.
    Please let me know your decision.
    Thank you

########

Hi
    eBay sound great but I would need to view the tractor before and deal
    is done.
    Thanks

###########

Due to my location and since view is not an option I have requested personal support and I was approved to use Buyer Protection Program. Here is how the process works through the Buyer Protection Program:

- I make the private listing on eBay for you,
    - you go and buy it through their website,
    - you have to pay for the item to eBay to secure the funds,
    - they confirm me that they received the funds,
    - I deliver the tractor,
    - you receive the tractor,
    - they send me the money,

Everything is covered by eBay. I will get paid only after you confirm that you received the tractor order.
    Let me know if this is acceptable. Thank you

###########
    Hi
    eBay sounds great but I would need to view the tractor before any deal
    is done.
    Thanks

#########

Sorry for this but last time when I had someone interested he said, yes please keep it for me he made me wait for 10 days then he came to see it and then told me yes I would definitively buy it but I still need to get the bank loan. So sorry, I`m a 56 year old woman, don`t really have the time to arrange another viewing. If you don`t like it ebay will just refund you the money. As simple as that. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SoJoMo

Jaysus no way am I gonna buy. I even sent info about the ad to customer services at farmandplant and of course got no reply and ad still up.... i'm beginning to not like that site
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

I looked at adds on Farm & Plantg recently and at a guess, I'd say 10% of them are scams. Even by just looking at the photos, it's obvious that they weren't taken in Ireland. Farm & Plant is a crap site anyway. Donedeal is much better and they will take down dodgy adds straight away. I have complained about a few from time to time and they always e-mailed me back thanking me for reporting these dodgy scams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Suckler

pakalasa wrote: »
    Farm & Plant is a crap site anyway. Donedeal is much better .

+1. Using that website is a sure way to vex you, pure torture. simple search in donedeal is very handy if you know what you're looking for. The one thing that drives me insane is lads who, when selling a Massey for example, stick in John Deere/New Holland/Fiat/ford/Land rover/bosch/pony/labrador/pony club in their ads. Those ads should be whipped down straight away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement